Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.

S.C.Wood

Really not sure what's happening with FTWD. The decisions made by those "leading" the group is just plain stupid, especially when Madison has the lights of the hotel turned on. I mean, what did she expect? She's doing this with the hopes of Nick returning, but fails to realize that probable thousands of other people who just might be interested in a large hotel having power?

Then we have Nick, oh Nick, you drug addict piece of sh*t. I get that this takes place in LA, or at least that was the pitch. But do we HAVE to play to the typical LA views shared by most of the public living outside of southern California? Not only that, having his "skill" be glorified the way it was just rubbed me the wrong way. I don't like his character, his actions make no sense and he simply lacks purpose.

The whole "cover yourself in the scent of the walkers" thing is getting old. Really, it is. In "Guts", the TWD first season episode, they're covered entirely with literal guts and not just blood smeared on the face. Plus, the characters had to shuffle along similarly to the walkers. Here they're just walking about as if not noticed what so ever.

Lastly, how long do you think it will take to tie this in to TWD? I have a feeling someone will throw an offhand remark about having family in Georgia, or something like that.

I think the characters in Fear the Walking Dead are more realistic than most of those in Walking Dead. They generally aren't that stupid, and putting finding family first doesn't seem so unlikely. Getting the zombies out of the hotel was impressive, though as with the earlier hostage swap went well too easily. A drug addict not having a clear purpose also makes sense. I mean, so many people don't have a strong purpose in their life. Nick also seems to be an adept survivor despite his drug use.

I would agree that the smearing blood also seems to be working a little too easily and well, but perhaps that Zombie blood just has a strong effect.

I don't think it will ever be tied in directly. There would need to be a lot of seasons to get some kind of link going. I think I read that Kirkman didn't expect any tie-in.

I really do not want to face apocalypse with people like FTWD are. They have a special skill to behave like a true idiots in the crucial situations.

I really do not want to face apocalypse with people like FTWD are. They have a special skill to behave like a true idiots in the crucial situations.

You don't have to. They are fictional characters. The real people can be dumber or more amazing, depending on your point-of-view.

I really adore this show. I think the characterisations are well developed, and humans often make stupid, erratic or selfish decisions.

If my son was out there, I wouldn't think twice about putting the hotel lights on; it's my son!

Regarding Nick, he has shifted one addiction to another. If you have gone through rehabilitation or know anyone who has, ask them about his journey. You'd be surprised how accurate it is. I watched a love one get clean after 18 years battling addiction and within a year he became a new person uncovered dormant or latent skill sets and set his life off in a totally new direction.

I sense a different tone between FTWD and TWD. I don't particularly mind, but I'd rather they kept separate rather than doing a George Lucas and making everything and everyone have some kind of connection.

And also I think Admiral Adama should come and rescue them all at the season finale and then spin off to Zompocalyse in Space :D

pH