Forgotten space opera

slenihan

I remember reading a science fiction novel within the past couple of years that was gripping, but can't remember the name of it or the author. I know that the basic plotline went essentially like this: humanity is pre-warned of a quickly encroaching expansionist alien species by an ancient race of biologically immortal cat-like humanoids. This race of cat-aliens is one of the leaders of the universe-spanning government akin to the U.N. In the past, they produced technological marvels (including massive ships called Dreadnoughts) but have in the more recent future fallen into the trap of overly long-term thinking and stagnation as a species. Humans come in with a fresh mindset and quickly begin innovating new applications for old weapons and entirely new weapons. They are put to the test shortly against the expansionist alien species (named something like Xenomorphs, I think it has an X as the first letter?). I'm worried I may have read it as a Kindle Unlimited and somehow just borrowed it instead of buying it, which explains why I can't find it among my collection. Please help, this was an epic read and I would love to enjoy it again!

I remember reading a science fiction novel within the past couple of years that was gripping, but can't remember the name of it or the author. I know that the basic plotline went essentially like this: humanity is pre-warned of a quickly encroaching expansionist alien species by an ancient race of biologically immortal cat-like humanoids. This race of cat-aliens is one of the leaders of the universe-spanning government akin to the U.N. In the past, they produced technological marvels (including massive ships called Dreadnoughts) but have in the more recent future fallen into the trap of overly long-term thinking and stagnation as a species. Humans come in with a fresh mindset and quickly begin innovating new applications for old weapons and entirely new weapons. They are put to the test shortly against the expansionist alien species (named something like Xenomorphs, I think it has an X as the first letter?). I'm worried I may have read it as a Kindle Unlimited and somehow just borrowed it instead of buying it, which explains why I can't find it among my collection. Please help, this was an epic read and I would love to enjoy it again!
Don't think it was A Call To Arms. In that book they looked like "Wet Rats" and they weren't immortal. Also, they were part of a large UN like organization called the the Weave who were fighting another large group controlled by the Amplitur. I would like to read this book book though. Sounds interesting.