Let me write your story!

sinister42

A sinister writer.
Supporter
I'm trying to get a new idea off the ground. I want you (yes you, and the guy behind you, and the lady next door, and her friend) to give me a brief idea of a story you want to see written. Ideally, I'd like the following elements included in your idea:

-Beginning, middle, end (yeah, I know. But it can be as simple as "Guy goes to the moon and finds lobsters there - the lobsters see the man as their leader and overthrow the oppressive Lobster King, and the guy and this female lobster he meets live happily ever after").
-Characters (as many or as few as you'd like)
-Tone (Funny? Serious? Both? Other?)
-Genre (anything you want - Lovecraftian horror, Douglas Adams style wackiness, serious space opera, high fantasy, steampunk, cyberpunk, alternate history, parallel worlds, time travel, whatever floats your hoverboat)

Now, you can give me as little or as much as you want, and I'll figure it out from there. Heck, just say "Hey, write a story where a dude goes to the moon and finds lobsters there." I'll write that.

I promise you the following:

-One story.
-Within a time frame to be determined, but not more than a couple of weeks
-Word count will vary based on subject and how much fun I have with it, but I'll give you at least 2,000 words, and likely more.

So. Gimme!

Ok, I'm not writing a story where a guy goes to the moon and finds lobsters there.

We have the Sekrit Story (spelling varies) challenges for this exact purpose -- one is going right now, but you should check it out for the next one, and you might pop in and ask the person running this one if they need an extra story written, too. There's usually at least one person who doesn't manage to finish a story (I'm not in this one, or it would be me).

It's in the Workshop section. I believe it's called Szekrit Szeven or something like that this time.

I suppose you could just volunteer to write one of the ideas, if any of them appeal to you, too. Nobody would object to getting a second story. :) But do keep it anonymous, just in case -- check with the person running it.

Back