Open calls - Agents Curtis Brown Creative.

I don't think this is any different from their normal agency submission process, though? I saw pretty much the same form when I submitted about a year ago.

Is it any good?
Actually, it's very good. Learned more about dialogue/inner monologue and how characters can be shown that I did in a two year MA in creative and critical writing. The course leader Erin Kelly is fabulous at putting things over, she's incisive and makes you feel so confident about your work, whilst pointing our where it can be improved. She has a feisty sense of humour and her lectures go way too quickly. But we repair to the pub after each meeting, anyway. We've had 4 presentations by agents at Curtis Brown, bringing writers with them, which has been such an incredible opportunity to ask questions (2 hour sessions, each of them!) and when you want to submit to them it's automatic that you will send the whole book, not the first three chapters, because you've been on the course... Last meeting is with all the agents, having sent 1st chapter and synopsis to them two weeks previously, so you can discuss it etc. Alcohol will be involved, which might not be a such a good idea with me..o_O

I get regular emails about these courses. I'd love to do one, but the cost is always out of my reach (ditto MA in creative writing at local university, which I'd also like to do one day, before I get too old to learn). Its great to hear someone I know (at least through Chrons) recommending the course. If I ever manage to save enough money, that would make all the difference. Thank you, @Boneman.

I get regular emails about these courses. I'd love to do one, but the cost is always out of my reach (ditto MA in creative writing at local university, which I'd also like to do one day, before I get too old to learn). Its great to hear someone I know (at least through Chrons) recommending the course. If I ever manage to save enough money, that would make all the difference. Thank you, @Boneman.

I think they do an online one... ooh, blimey, a little shocked that the cost of the online one is only just below the actual face-to-face one!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Mike Donoghue Critiques 11
Mon0Zer0 Science & Nature 1
ColGray Critiques 22
O Critiques 18
Jo Zebedee Critiques 10