Be Mine Forever

Alternative Worlds

Be Mine Forever
Rosemary Laurey
Zebra, July 2005, 350 pp.
ISBN 0821776630

Four months ago, they were attacked by a rogue vampire and changed into ghouls with no memories of who they were or what they became. In Chicago Vlad Tepes found them and brought them to Ohio and the community of vampires living there. It was discovered that the women Jane and Angela were ghouls even though none of the vampires know what that entails or what powers they have. Jane stays in Ohio with Kit Marlow and his wife Dixie while Angela goes to England to stay with Justin and Stella, married vampire couples.

Tom Kyd is in love with Angela which brings out his protective streak so that Angela finally rebels and goes to Devon without telling him to follow-up on a clue to her identity. Tom follows her and they search for clues together but the vampire that turned Angela into a ghoul has attacked and nearly killed Justin and the leader of the vampire community. He is coming for Angela and she must use the powers of a witch’s coven as well as the vampire community if she hopes to defeat him.

Rosemary Laurey is one of the best writers of vampire romantic thrillers on the market today. Her characterizations are brilliant and complex, her pacing is just right and there is enough romance and action to keep readers absorbed in BE MINE FOREVER. There are other vampire characters who deserve their own story so hopefully this isn’t the end of Ms. Laurey’s magnificent vampire series.