Grimm: 2.15: Mr. Sandman

clovis-man

Prehistoric Irish Cynic
Spoilers:

And now, after his encounter with the Wesen tsetse fly, Nick has gained some new powers. But that's okay. Maybe it'll help him deal with the Royals.

Re: Juliette:

No way, she represent Nick's normal life outside Grimm,vessen world. Its good for the story that she doesnt know his new life as Grimm. How would she react to the weird,scary world he lives in is good for the story.

I won't disagree. But I had to smile when I saw the council of war table populated by Nick, Hank, Monroe and Rosalee. You can understand why Renard is excluded, but why not take Juliette into the fold? You know it has to happen sooner or later. Rosalee's explanation to her of what she does for a living was almost comical. That Airstream will get pretty crowded eventually.

And the main story in this most recent episode, "Mr. Sandman", was at once the creepiest and the silliest of them all up to now. But I don't care. It's still fun.

Re: Juliette:

I won't disagree. But I had to smile when I saw the council of war table populated by Nick, Hank, Monroe and Rosalee. You can understand why Renard is excluded, but why not take Juliette into the fold? You know it has to happen sooner or later. Rosalee's explanation to her of what she does for a living was almost comical. That Airstream will get pretty crowded eventually.

And the main story in this most recent episode, "Mr. Sandman", was at once the creepiest and the silliest of them all up to now. But I don't care. It's still fun.

This is what im waiting for and hoping for. You cant remove Juliette just when she is remembering Nick and the fact he told her the truth. How she will become one of them is very interesting to watch. Hank freaked out dealing with knowing there are monsters out there. How will Juliette react?

Rosalee im sure is waiting for Nick to tell his girlfriend the truth himself. She had to lie, poor Juliette was also going crazy,seeing things.

Mr Sandman ep was creepy story even if he wasnt a real challenge. The ending was great though. Is Nick's new power a part of Grimm legacy or a lucky break? It cant be lucky break since his body has become stronger,faster kicking big monsters to death after he became a Grimm. Hope they tell us for real how Grimms body,genetic improve like this.

A Grimm's power flows from The Force. :D

Im hoping Grimms has powers like that in history, genes that made them strong fighters against the monsters they were hunting. It doesnt make storytelling sense that they were all just good at becoming killers,hunters.

Nick went from regular cop to jumping around,fighting like he was Bruce Lee on drugs.

On the other hand I do find the dynamic between Nick and Renard verrry interesting. Not allies, but more the enemy of my enemy is my friend scenario.

On the other, other hand. This whole Vessen showing themselves to humans has had a complete transformation (pun intended) since the show started.

At first humans could not see Vessen under any conditions. At one point Nick asks Monroe if he would show himself to Juliette to help him prove what is going on. Monroe tells him it doesn't work that way. Even if he turned in front of her she would not be able to see it.

From there the story changed to humans CAN see them in their natural form. When Nick asks Monroe this time, the latter agrees to show himself to prove to Juliette the Vessen are real.

As of the latest show, suddenly ANY Vessen can show themselves to ANY human ANY time and humans will see their Vessen shape.

Just a wee bit of continuity issues there!

It wasn't that they couldn't be seen, Monroe said there were times that wessen could be seen if they allowed it, but most of the time they just didn't because most humans wouldn't be able to process it. He said, "Gods, demons, angels, dinosaurs, the Big Bang Theory. Humans can believe in those because they aren't neccesarily right in front of them. They aren't staring into the raw core of the universe." (or something very similar)

So it wasn't so much that normal humans couldn't see them, it was just that they really didn't want to be seen. After the episode with the bank, I think the wessen can sense things are changing: there's a Grimm around who does everything he can do not kill if it can be avoided and they are getting bold.