Promotional Video Feedback....

mgilmour

Author of The Mindwars
Hi all,
My wife, daughter and I had a lot of fun doing this video over Easter and thought that I'd share it here. The goal is to promote my book, Battleframe. You need to get to about the 45 second mark to see how everything changes.....no spoilers here! I'd love any feedback. :)

For those of you that are wondering I created the video in Camtasia and Microsoft Movie Maker that comes with Windows. I filmed the principle footage with a handicam and recorded all the voices with the same camera. After weaving in all of the sound effects I then published it to Youtube.

I liked the background voice of the female (your wife?) she sounded very authentic as well as the sound effects.
  • Selfia's voice (the main character) was played by my daughter Sarah.
  • Central was my wife Roselyn
  • Acheron was a manipulated sound using my own voice.
  • Scourge was my own voice, twisted and manipulated to get the right malevolent effect.
  • The flashes for the gunshots/explosions were created by just turning the lights on and off really quickly.
It was lots of fun creating the video. Since I couldn't create the visual effects I decided to do everything with sound.

• Selfia's voice (the main character) was played by my daughter Sarah.
  • Central was my wife Roselyn
  • Acheron was a manipulated sound using my own voice.
  • Scourge was my own voice, twisted and manipulated to get the right malevolent effect.
  • The flashes for the gunshots/explosions were created by just turning the lights on and off really quickly.
It was lots of fun creating the video. Since I couldn't create the visual effects I decided to do everything with sound.

Very Blake's Seven :D