Wildfire - a Thief inspired 2D platformer

LukeW

Hey there.

About nine months ago I got drunk and started chatting to one of the editors at Gamespot who said he was trying to make a videogame. In my state, I told him that I would love to do some graphics for him and sent some samples of my work. Turns out he liked it enough and I woke up the next morning with a headache and a big job ahead of me.

Fast forward a bit and we actually got the thing up and running (to a point) and are now running a Kickstarter campaign which I thought I'd draw your attention to. I checked in with the mods and they're cool with me posting this, so I wanted to share what I've been working on the last nine months or so.

It's a small team of four now. Aside from the characters and titlescreen, I've drawn most of the graphics, usually with a beer in hand.

Anyway, check it out and tell me what you think:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dhindes/wildfire-0

Cheers

Oh and don't let the page formatting fool you. I'm not the guy holding the umbrella :D

I think the game looks fantastic. The concept is great and it seems so fluid.

I just had a mess around on the Alpha, I like the keyboard-mouse combo, not seen that on a platformer before.

Cheers. I didn't have much input into the controls, but they remind me of another stealth game called Gunpoint which came out a year or two ago.

I agree wholeheartedly with Remedy, the game looks terrific, LukeW! Best of luck with this, CC

Well, that was pretty cool. We got twice what we were after in the end. Will let us hire a couple of extra people to do things on the game.

Now I can stop hitting refresh on my browser every 30 seconds :D