12 Monkeys: 1.09: Tomorrow

Dave

Non Bio
Staff member
No Annie! What's with the songs as episode titles?

Cole (Aaron Stanford) finds himself in 2017 at the height of the plague. Out of options, Jones (Barbara Sukowa) faces an impossible choice to replace the Core.

There are three different timelines and stories running this week - 2017, 2041 and 2043 - and you'll have to judge for yourself if that works.

Cassie tells Cole that between 2015 and 2017 they meet many times and a lot happens. I found myself wondering whether any of it was worth watching, since she doesn't ever find a cure, or prevent the virus infecting the whole world. We are getting a second season according to SyFy. I hope we don't dwell on that period too much. I'm still more interested in what happened in 1987.

I didn't think we learned anything new that we didn't already know, or that we hadn't already guessed. However, the way Jones shot Foster was particularly cold-blooded. There was one small part in 2017 where the protester was shouting "we daughters shall make from 12 what man could not," said that "12 is not a primary, 13 is," and called the girl a "little monkey." Cassie also mentioned that Cole needs to find the "Red Forest" and gives him an address that will somehow be important. We see Cole get recruited.

No Annie! What's with the songs as episode titles?

There are three different timelines and stories running this week - 2017, 2041 and 2043 - and you'll have to judge for yourself if that works.

Cassie tells Cole that between 2015 and 2017 they meet many times and a lot happens. I found myself wondering whether any of it was worth watching, since she doesn't ever find a cure, or prevent the virus infecting the whole world. We are getting a second season according to SyFy. I hope we don't dwell on that period too much. I'm still more interested in what happened in 1987.

I didn't think we learned anything new that we didn't already know, or that we hadn't already guessed. However, the way Jones shot Foster was particularly cold-blooded. There was one small part in 2017 where the protester was shouting "we daughters shall make from 12 what man could not," said that "12 is not a primary, 13 is," and called the girl a "little monkey." Cassie also mentioned that Cole needs to find the "Red Forest" and gives him an address that will somehow be important. We see Cole get recruited.

I thought the protester was Jennifer? That was particularly interesting. I really liked that and hope we see more of this and what she does next. However, two years and she is still crazy, so does it still sit well with my theory?? The Jones shooting however, may still prove me right after all! We do find out that the Western 7 camp and West 7 are the same thing! 30 years later look how much things have changed?

If was Jennifer Goines for certain..

I was a little put out by 2017 Cassie not filling Cole in on the developments in her timeline.. she hinted that he's on the right track but then she just died. Convenient timing!!

We have a new Core and all systems-go for more splintering - if Cole can take it much longer? Interesting to see it was Ramsey that convinced/forced Cole to take on the time-travel mission in 2041, but by 2043 (current) he's had enough and Cole is the one who remains committed.

Cold-blooded kill by Jones, and brutal take-down of Spearhead. All those families and civilians are now defenceless, and powerless. Who thinks West 7 will sweep through that place before we see it again?

Right, SPOILERS, kinda obviously.

Yup, it was Jennifer.

Now, I've never bought into the idea that Jones is Future Jennifer. However, it does appear that Jones knows who Cole is in advance of meeting him. Could Jones be Cassie? I know the former is German, but maybe that's a disguise? They are both scientists, both would be experts on the virus. I can't see Cassie being as ruthless as Jones, but maybe something happens to her to make her so.

It takes a lot for me to accept time travel stories because mostly they just don't work, but this really does allow for suspension of (dis)belief.

Back