The Last Man on Earth

A season if it's lucky. It will get old fast.

A season if it's lucky. It will get old fast.

I don't know.

Normally, I would expect any show written by and starring a Saturday Night Live alumnus to be DOA. Will Forte, with a long list of television and film writing credits spanning 18 years, may be an exception.

I remain hopeful.

I don't know.

Normally, I would expect any show written by and starring a Saturday Night Live alumnus to be DOA. Will Forte, with a long list of television and film writing credits spanning 18 years, may be an exception.

I remain hopeful.

I just don't see how they can sustain a show with only him and no one else.

Seems that Will won't be completely alone on the planet. Also listed in the cast are January Jones, Kristen Schaal, Cleopatra Coleman and, inexplicably, Mel Rodriguez. Maybe Mel appears only in flashbacks.

Trailers look fun, and yes it does seem they deliberately didn't show anyone else (he toured all of the US, Canada and Mexico according to his map) but the cast list suggests he won't be entirely alone.. Kristen Schaal is always great!

Will Forte did a good job of establishing Phil Miller's character (or lack thereof) in the opening episode, but the show was already teetering on tedious by the end of the first half-hour. The arrival of Kristen Schaal as Carol in the second episode saved the day, at least temporarily.

The new question is: How long can can interest be sustained in a budding relationship between a slovenly man who turns a swimming pool into a toilet and a wading pool into a giant Margarita, and a woman who insists on following traffic laws and getting married?

We already have a new odd couple series. Is there room for another?

Will Forte and Kristen Schaal are talented. And that helped the first of the series hold my interest. But there will have to be some other surprises to keep it going. It's on my list of weekly DVR recordings for now.

I spent a whole 7 or 8 minutes watching the 1st episode, but as I saw nothing funny, I deleted it & the series from my scheduled recordings.

So, I was not the only one who thought it was supposed to be funny? As far as comedies go, I will stick to animated cartoons, & things that are unintentionally funny.

I've been enjoying it so far. Phil's constant struggle is getting a little old..but the line about the babies sleeping with each other was pretty funny

I was reluctant to admit that I am still watching this, given the negative reactions the series got. I thought maybe that I was an audience of one.

The show is starting to show a little promise.

Will Forte's character, Phil, is extremely grating, but his string of bad luck is amusing.

Melissa (January Jones) was in Tuscon TWO WEEKS before he was forced to marry Carol (Kristin Schaal). DARN!

Phil convinces Carol that, for the good of global re-population, he must also procreate with Melissa, but his fireworks display alerts super nice guy Todd (Michael Rodriquez) to their location, just as Todd was giving up the search and heading out of town. WHAT THE...!

Will Fox need to change the series title to “The Last Men on Earth”?

I agree that Phil is a massive moron and he doesn't deserve the wife he has, never mind the one he covets.

His repopulation plan, as sleazy as it was, did make sense though.. until Todd's arrival!

I wonder if they'll keep adding people every few episodes?!

No new (human) characters yet! But sadly ever more Phil being a d*ck! The jealousy was inevitable, but I don't think any of us (Todd included) thought he was gonna ditch him out there in the desert.

Mooovin' in gave us a cow, and of course this backfires on Phil in many ways, best of all when the cow moves into Carol's - because Phil never fixed the door - and thus Carol gets her aim of moving in with Phil.

Although Phil is really annoying, I want to give props to Will Forte for the portrayal. His false-friendly delivery, and general willingness to throw himself fully into the role (and the toilet pool) deserves some respect.

I am experiencing technical difficulties with this series. My DVR is failing to record episodes, as if it's passing judgment on my choice of programs. Or, it might be the heavy demands of Sunday night.