The Flash S110 Revenge of the Rogues

Jesse412

Old Curmudgeon
Barry training against the drone and reversing the missile in mid air looked cool. The scene where Cisco demonstrated the shields for the police was good as well. Looks like Firestorm will actually have transmutation powers plus Jason Rusch shows up. I thought the Heat Wave and Captain Cold scenes were all pretty good. "You mean like Ghostbusters?" made me laugh. I like that Cold called Barry the Scarlet Speedster. Wasn't expecting Eddie to run out and protect the Flash. Nice Golden Glider tease at the end.

I like the geeky casting of Heat Wave and Captain Cold - the oblique referral to both actors' roles in Prison Break. :)

And yeah - great to hear Barry called the "Scarlet Speedster" :)

Hmm...

This episode was a bit too convoluted. The Flash needs to get them to cross the streams? Why not simply grab the guns off them? And the Flash was hit with both absolute freezing and stupidly high temperature, and lived?

Although they weren't portrayed badly, I did feel that I was looking at a pair of Batman rejects (Captain Col=Mister Freeze??) that are so z rated they wouldn't even make it onto Hero Villain Big Brother.

Meanwhile, Central City's police are perhaps the most gun-shy I've ever seen in fiction. Whenever they face a villain, they crouch and hide.

Silly and cheesy, but still...reasonably fun. Cisco does well to allow us to not take things too seriously, and the Ghostbusters reference was nice to see - heck, it's good to get pop culture references. :)