January 2015 75 Word Writing Challenge -- VICTORY TO SPRINGS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is There Love After Death?

We met through work. We fell in love.

Then I died.

He wouldn’t let me stay dead.

I floated on the Boundary. I knew what that meant.

You work Forensic Necromancy, you know.

He convinced my twin sister to die for me.

It didn’t take much. She loved me.

He drew my soul into her empty body.

Then I kissed him. To death.

Turns out, raising the dead is how you make vampires.

Who knew?

Love of a different Kind

‘We were inseparable here.’ The history presses on them like the humidity, the afternoon heat pressing through the shutters. ‘We’ve built the school, the clinic. We’ve done so much.’
‘We haven’t scratched the surface.’
‘I can’t stay anymore!’
He reaches to her, but she pulls away.
‘I can’t leave.’
She stands. He lays back listening to the insect chorus.
‘You’re supposed to love me.’
‘I do love you. But I love them all too.’

The Aroma of Love

They both whispered sweetly to me. I was intrigued. They were equally delectable and I knew I could love either. Wisdom intimated that I choose only one or risked a heart attack.

One was sugar and spice and everything nice. The other was fresh, tender, and untouched. About to toss a coin, a sweet aroma wafted and my passion was undeniable. The apple Danish was forgotten. I was consumed by love for a glazed doughnut.

A Lie as White as Snow?

“…fairest of them all?”

What should he say? His immortality depended on him telling the truth.

Yet honesty was dangerous, perhaps lethal: the young princess might die. Could he live with that? Forever? Surely he couldn’t be blamed for being truthful.

And lying might not work. After all, the queen could see, in her reflection, that her beauty had faded.

He loved her still, more than eternal life itself. “You are, my queen.”

Nights In?

Dear D46224,

Hope I get to know you better!

I chose you specially from the list they sent. Are you really ‘ugly, short, bald bloke, 52, barely literate, dodgy social skills’? I’m strangely attracted!

I’m medium height, blond, blue eyes, mid-forties. And, like you, a bit lonely and don’t get out much.

I know this can’t be long-term, you being on death row and all that, but do I hope you reply.

Write soon,

Carol

My Best Friend's Wedding

"Alex, please?"
Enwrapped in lace like my dream Valentine, Jessie entreated me.
To give her away.
To Big Mike, screaming, smashing things.

Last week.
Jessie's hands pinning me down. Jessie moving on me, wearing only that veil of lace, swathing us both.

The memory of a kiss yet unanswered, awaited trembling on her lips.
"Alex?"

The Minister smiled, taking up our hands, me in my dark suit and Jessie. "Do you, Alexandra, and Jessica, ..."

After Office Hours, the Moon & Bills Slush Pile

“I hoped I might be read today...” Pretty, petite Forever Loving sighed a soft feminine sigh.

“Chin up, we’re not shredded yet,” uttered reliable, hardworking Lifetimes Together.

“Come with me, Forever,” urged ruggedly handsome Highland Flings. “I’m off to GreyShades Erotica.”

“Don’t go!” exclaimed Together. “He’ll dump you at Chapter Forty.”

“You’ll need gratuitous sex scenes,” vociferated Flings, smirking. “Personally, I’m much more than merely a kissing book.”

Suddenly, Forever chose...

[to be continued]

Love of....

“Bow before the humans”
“Sure Dad. Uh….why?” asked Lucifer, forehead crinkling. The monkeys? Weird, she thought.
“Because it is your duty!” She was told.
“Sure! Sure.”
Duties, the angel pondered. She did her duties for Father because she loved Father, even ridiculous ones about monkeys. There was no…… She frowned. I want it so badly; a… there’s no word for it. Poor monkeys. Father will give them no alternative either…. No… ....um…

Last edited:
Check Yes or No

“What's that?”

I press the paper to my chest as we hurry to Math Club. “Josh Braden wants to go out with me!”

“Seriously? Basketball guy? He doesn't even know you're alive.”

“Does too -- look!” I show her the note.

“What are you gonna tell him?”

“Well, duh. What would you tell him?”

“I'd tell him to stop kissing Amy Ryan.” She points, and there they are.

Under the Math Finals -- Study Hard! sign.

Oh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back