More Cannon Fodder (1000)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the good tips Bowler. I appreciate the time you and all the others have taken to read through what must have been a painful read for you.

A little bit of self pity, how sweet. I must be getting jaded and long in the tooth because it doesn't interest me much. Now be a good lad and dust yourself off, dig deep and write some more. Make your mistakes, take your knocks and treat yourself to a well earned beer once in a while, because you'll need it if you want to write. Writing is a thankless task and hobby and this is before you submit to agents and have the professional world crush you that little bit more. But if you want to write, this won't stop you. There's only one thing a writer needs and that is grit. Grit to keep going, grit to finish your projects, grit to re-write and grit to keep on trying - and just plain old simple grit. That's all that impresses me these days, those friends of mine on here that keep on going. Hopefully, you'll show those great qualities too.

For the record, you have the fantastic imagination that's needed to do the job. The rest is simple, practice, practice and practice some more. As ever, the best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.