A book I really enjoyed when I was younger.

SirSamuelVimes

I work at a lovely gym and enjoy it thoroughly. I
I read a book when I was younger, and seem unable to find it now. It has ghost like monsters in it, and the entire city seemingly lives in fear of them. I'm pretty sure it was based in London. The ghost like creatures had a name, and came in various shapes and forms. Some were harmless enough, and others would kill people at the drop of a hat.

The protagonist was a girl, and she starts out in a mental asylum because the ghost like creatures haunt her so often. There's something special about her, but I don't remember what it is. I remember a scene in a large cathedral, where they're being chased by a really powerful ghost like creature.

I can't really remember much more about it. I feel like there was a man who helped the girl out through the book. Any help is much appreciated. I just want to give it a read again, because I liked it so much when I was younger.

Never mind guys, I found it. I became under the impression the title began with "The haunting of..." then the girl's name. I typed "The haunting of" in the search bar on Amazon, and came up with it after going through a few pages.

It's The Haunting Of Alaizabel Cray by Chris Wooding. I'll give it another read for sure. It fascinated me as a kid.