On Grammar and Spacing

Thanks for sharing! I want to show EVERYONE that!

Very amusing and well worth sharing; alot. :)

(IE11 automatically changes alot to a lot, so perhaps the alot's days are numbered**.)

** - "A lot" is a kind of number, isn't it...?

Very amusing and well worth sharing; alot. :)

(IE11 automatically changes alot to a lot, so perhaps the alot's days are numbered**.)

** - "A lot" is a kind of number, isn't it...?

Only if you're a troll (whose counting system goes manymanymany - Lots!). Or if you speak troll, I suspect, which is not a bad talent for a mod.

But I agree with the commenteer who pointed out the 'alright' as an even more perfidious pest, breeding and invading like Australian bunnies.

I really don't understand why some people even think it is 'alot.' You don't say it as one word. Same with 'nevermind.'

You don't say it as one word. Same with 'nevermind.'

I do. I can't detect any difference in spacing between "thanks a lot" and "lancelot". Actually, except where there's an obvious pause that in writing would be represented by some kind of punctuation mark, I think most speech runs all the words together. Thegermanswereontosomething.

I can detect a difference. I'd say it differently as one word. It's like the clothes shop New Look. I call it NewLook, but I've actually heard people call it New... Look, and I'm like, where you talking about, dude?

For one thing, HB, Lancelot is a (French) name**, not the result of the unfortunate combining of two English words.

** - According to my book of names, it means spear attendant.

Thanks for sharing. 'Alot' is one of my pet hates. Maybe now I'll smile next time I see it. Maybe.

I agree with the commenteer who pointed out the 'alright' as an even more perfidious pest.

I'm with you on that.

Back