Friend Zone

col_porridge

TimingIsEverything
I don't know about anyone else but the way he describes kvothe's relationships and his admitted personal life details with women seriously hits home for me. Why is it that being nice makes women uninterested. The way the kvothe fails with women like I and I'm sure many others reading this do, makes this the most relatable fantasy I've ever read.

The way the kvothe fails with women like I and I'm sure many others reading this do, makes this the most relatable fantasy I've ever read.

Maybe kvothe's ugly and doesn't wash? And is only nice to women for possible sex, otherwise ignores them completely and makes generalised statements about their motivations as if they were an amorphous, unthinking mass? IT COULD BE THAT, YOU KNOW.

Aside from the fact that Pat states that Kvothe is a fairly good looking guy, being a musician there is no way that he ignores women. Back to what the Colonel said though, he fails with women at least before his run in with Felurian because he is completely oblivious to what women are thinking which is something he admits over and over again. After Felurian he knows how to handle women and knows how to get them to do basically what ever he wants. The only girl he doesn't use that ability on is Denna and if I remember correctly that is because he didn't see her again after felurian let him go.

Back