Fate of Worlds

Dave

Non Bio
Staff member
Maybe people may have given up on this series now, but had to read the book described as the "final" sequel to both the "Worlds" series and the "Ringworld" series, since I have already read everything else in "Known Space."

I had meant to keep it until I was on holiday and read it then, but I picked it up, started reading it and could hardly put it down. All the human and puppeteer characters you know are there - probably too many when you have great grand-daughters appearing together with all their previous generations.

The Fringe War moves on from the disappeared Ringworld to the Fleet of Worlds, and Kizinti, Trinoc and ARM fleets are closing in on the puppeteers.

It did tail off towards the end for me, and I still doubt that it is a "final" sequel, but if it is the last chapter then my biggest regret would be that it ended with yet another version of the old trope of an Artificial Intelligence that becomes evil and attempts to turn against its masters. I mean how tired is that concept?