(Found, with ribbons and bells) Genetically modified bloke with green hair, escalator scene

Status
Not open for further replies.
The author also wrote the scripts for Trumpton - kudos!
I've just borrowed a copy from the Open Library and it deffo has the 'pile up' on the escalator scene :giggle:

Last edited:
Congratulations @CassFrank what a find!

Parson now contemplates what kind of a series "Trumpton" might be. Perhaps dystopian?

Okay, I didn't mean to derail this thread. (Thomas the Tank Engine). But I do discover that there's more of these out there than I would have imagined.

I'll try not to make any further comments that lead to a 10 page search thread.

Okay, I didn't mean to derail this thread. (Thomas the Tank Engine). But I do discover that there's more of these out there than I would have imagined.

I'll try not to make any further comments that lead to a 10 page search thread.
I don’t care. I’ve found my book. You can all do what you like in here :D

I don’t care. I’ve found my book. You can all do what you like in here :D
Once upon a time there was an ordinary Introductions thread called Salutations which soon grew beyond its original usage and became filled with chutney, and this led to the word “Chutners”, until eventually the entire thread became not only the largest Introduction thread ever, it was moved to The Lounge and became one of the largest threads of any kind anywhere on the forum.

I had a look-see and I don't believe I've ever seen a more obviously British kid's program ever.
The main thing about Trumpton/Chigley/Camberwick Green is that it has one of the two greatest children’s TV voices ever as narrator: Brian Cant. Died in 2022 I think.
The other, equal greatest was Oliver Postgate ( Mr Ben, the Clangers, Noggin the Nog, Bagpuss).

Status
Not open for further replies.