Sleepy Hollow - Fringe creators' new TV series

I agree, Baylor; though I had not been aware its ratings had been slipping!

The Show worked best with short season. When they tired doing more episodes in season it hurt the ratings.

Last edited:
It wasn't so much the longer season that hurt the show, it was the disjointed storylines with people flip-flopping sides all willy-nilly. Season 1 was pretty simple to follow. Season 2 was okay, then got a little confused about half-way through.

I do enjoy Sleepy Hollow, but I get annoyed that Ichabod personally knows EVERYONE who featured in The United States War of Independence. Open a history book from the era and no doubt Ichabod will have some sort of connection to them.

Ichabod does seem to be the 'Forrest Gump' of Sleepy Hollow's timeline.

What I do like is the platonic male/female relationship between Ichabod and Abby. There's no undercurrent of romance, as it's firmly established that he is a married man and he sees Abby as a fellow warrior and brother-at-arms. It's refreshing.
I also love the diversity of the cast:)

I have a feeling that may change next season following the events of the S2 finale... Hopefully not, but tv execs really like their leading stars getting together!

Yeah - I'd, personally, rather they not hook up the two leads in the cast. It's not usually done well AT ALL and it doesn't usually advance or help the plot.

I also find that once a show has been going for a few seasons, they don't know how to introduce new characters. Therefore, when they decide they need a romance subplot, they put together two existing characters and the effect rings false.
Example: Buffy starting a relationship with Spike. I hated this as it felt like they couldn't think of a way to have a new character for Buffy to start seeing.

Risking an off-topic here, but Buffy calls :)

Spike was a great character that they wanted to keep around longer than originally planned, so things got changed, I suspect, to incorporate him as the love interest once Angel got his own show. Spike was a more interesting love interest than Riley though!! And it facilitated Buffy's self-loathing period as there was no-one more horrific for her to get together with than Spike.

Still vaguely off-topic, but Spike wasn't actually meant to be a 'love interest' for Buffy. Spike was in <3 w/ her, but Buffy wasn't interested romantically, not even after Spike got his soul. So, I don't know that he's a good comparison.

Given Ichabod's Forrest Gump-like friend ring, Sleepy Hollow should have no problem bringing in new people. I *do* think they burned through a lot of their recurring characters pretty fast though. Someone should've told them to slow down a little.

It's getting a 4th season inspirit of the numbers slump and the departure of one of the lead actors.