Adrift on the Sea of Rains a finalist for the Sidewise Award

iansales

Adrift on the Sea of Rains has just been announced as one of five finalists for the 2012 Sidewise Award for Alternate History Best Short-Form. See here for details. The winner will be announced at the World SF Convention, LoneStarCon 3 in San Antonio, Texas, on the weekend of 30 August 2013.

Copies of Adrift on the Sea of Rains, and the second book of the Apollo Quartet, The Eye With Which Universe Beholds Itself, are still available from the Wihippleshield Book online shop. The third book, Then Will The Great Ocean Wash Deep Above, is expected to be published in October 2013.

Congratulations, Ian. :)

Here's hoping for a good result in August. :)

Perhaps there's a lesson to be learnt here: achieving so much success with a self-published novella really is rocket science.

:rolleyes::)

Excellent - and well deserved - news Ian - congratulations!

It's also great to hear that the third volume in the Apollo Quartet will be out in October. Does that mean you've written it already?

Thanks.

No, it's not written, but I've definitely started it :) The plan is to have the first draft finished by the end of August. Once I know what I'm doing, I can generally write quite fast. It's the "knowing what I'm doing" bit that takes a while :) Fortunately, I had an epiphany the other weekend...

And now Adrift on the Sea of Rains has been named in this month's SFX as one of the "Top Five Indie Published Sci-Fi ad Fantasy Novels". See page 84.

more deserved applause. you at EdgeLit next weekend? if so, consider yourself bought a drink!