Under the Dome

It isn't at all clear to me how much time has passed during season one. Sometimes, it seems like only a few days have passed. Other things - e.g. the missile attack - suggest a much longer timescale. And the periods covered by the individual episodes may vary a lot (because drama tends to show only the dramatic and relevant events, and not the stuff in between).

Given this, it's very hard to determine whether some things have taken too long to happen or not.

I really lost interest halfway through the series. The lack of SF irked me and the characters seemed like archetypes. The practical issues, as Anthony detailed, also appeared to be ignored.

They will probably make three series if everything goes well with this season. And after seeing first episode I'm kind of glad they're doing that as there are a lot they can explore with all the possibilities the "dome" and "alien" connections can offer. Plus this time, they show at the end of the first episode what's going on at the other side of the dome.

I'm questioning now at the half-way point in the second season why they always seem to find a solution to the bad thing. And, why King cannot take it to really dark place and let the people of Chester's Mill suffer so much that bringing down the dome is their only way to survive?

I understand there are reasons for giving the characters and situation some hope, but not letting anything to go really bleak, that's bad. And what the producers are doing, is just letting this potential show go in ruin instead of showing the darkness of Steven King's world come to a fruit. But I also realise that not everyone might see the darkness in the same way, and to them the bad scenarios are enough of proof that one can survive, no matter what.

I watched the entire first season with mixed feelings, I really liked the premise of the story but the script was lacking. I give the first season a 7/10. I have only watched the first episode of season 2 and am not impressed so far. Hopefully this series will get better.

***Spoilers if you haven't seen the show***

I've seen every episode. It all seems very, very, very derivative of Lost. I keep waiting for the actors to slip up: "We have to do what the island...I mean...the dome...wants us to do!" They even found a mysterious hatch! :eek: And they've found a way off the island...I mean...well, you get the idea.

Just saw the newest episode and I had forgotten that last week they'd found a way out of the dome. So it doesn't seem very involving if I can't remember huge plot points like that. I'll keep watching though, in the faint hopes that it all ends up to be worth the time...which in the end I couldn't say about Lost.

This show does give the impression that the writers are winging it week to week, highly inconsistent popcorn tv! No idea how closely it sticks to the source but I can't imagine its a lot!

I am happy that some of the characters have found their way out, and back in, now. But can they now avoid the egg falling into the scary badguys' grasp!?

I still haven't watched the latest episode. The story seems so .... I don't know how they are going to wrap it up satisfactorially.

So... do we think this show is getting renewed? I wouldn't be too sad if it didn't!

It's just a shame to see "Big Jim" chewing the scenery when we know what the actor's capable of from Breaking Bad (name escapes me at this moment).

I watched the 1st season and liked it. Not a lot but enough to watch the 2nd too. Now I wish I had not spent soooo much of my time watching it. I have to finish it, due to my curiosity but it's getting worse and worse every episode that goes by. I mean some of the dialogs are really cheesy and there are soooo many inconsistencies. And I am still only at the 6th episode of this season. Damnnnnnn

I have to finish it, due to my curiosity but it's getting worse and worse every episode that goes by.

It's okay to stop watching series if you want to. I couldn't finish second season either. It was just too awful. And shameful taken that this was based on Mr King's book. So maybe the producers lost it when they got his blessings or maybe the network put their fingers in the soup and made the producers dance to their tone. Don't know what is the truth but what came out at the end was something seriously awful.

I am curius to see where they take it. I go through each episode as quickly as possible :p

I was quite enthuestic about it when it started, but as they progressed further and started deviating from glorious first season I stopped completely. So, therefore, I don't think it might watchable under fast forward either. It's better to leave it on first season and think cancelled it for whatever reason.

Anyone else watch?

~Mike

I do not remember how I first became aware of it, either I spotted a trailer which showed a cow being cut in half, and of Barbie pressing his blood covered hand against the dome and leaving a handprint on it, or I read about it somewhere, which talked about people living under a dome, and wonder about it. Since I'm too late to watch the pilot and the first season on British television (I found out it was first shown last year), I decided to download the pilot to try it out, then decided to download the next two episodes. I'm thinking of trying out the rest of the first season.

For me, I can't judge on what I think of it from the first episode, usually I would have to watch more and more until I get interested and hooked or until I get bored of it. I did kept watching LOST until I got bored of it and gave up, it's just the way I am. So for me, I can't tell if I like it or don't like it until I try out the first season.

But one thing I can't understand is why is it a dome? I meant, why call it a dome? A dome is like an upside down bowl, kind of a fish bowl turned upside down right? So surely if they dig underground and under the dome but as seen in I think the second or third episode, it seems the dome do go down into underground mines, one would think it is really more of a ball not a dome? What someone on the outside were to dig really deep down and tunnel towards the town, and dig up, say under the edge of the dome, but find that they still get stopped, it would be more of a ball?

I meant, a dome got edges right?

I was quite enthuestic about it when it started, but as they progressed further and started deviating from glorious first season I stopped completely. So, therefore, I don't think it might watchable under fast forward either. It's better to leave it on first season and think cancelled it for whatever reason.

They should have done a limited series based on the book and not tired to stretch it out .