Beginnings World of Honor #6 out

This was a good anthology but I was annoyed at Honor's parents story because it "spoiled" Stephanie Harrington's series.

???? I'm not sure how? Stephanie Harrington's series was introduced as a generational ancestor of Honor so I don't see the connection.

Well...

spoiler

Stephanie has a crash on Anders but the actual ancestor of the Harringtons is apparently Karl (Honor's dad inherited his height).

What??? There are more than a few generations between Stephanie and Honor. The height of a few generations back ancestor tells nothing. I think the story is pretty clear as to which she picks ---- if either!!! ---- but it is not a spoiler.

By the way, personally, this is the lest interesting part of the story for me.

What??? There are more than a few generations between Stephanie and Honor. The height of a few generations back ancestor tells nothing. I think the story is pretty clear as to which she picks ---- if either!!! ---- but it is not a spoiler.

It is since the story is not over yet.

Here's a quote since you don't seem to believe me:

"No one was quite sure when so much altitude had crept into the family's genes, although the majority opinion was that they could look all the way back to Great-Great-Great-Great-Whatever-Granddad Karl. "

By the way, personally, this is the lest interesting part of the story for me.

Stephanie wouldn't agree with you ;)
I just hope that nothing tragic is going to happen to the other guy. And no overused love triangles either.

"No one was quite sure when so much altitude had crept into the family's genes, although the majority opinion was that they could look all the way back to Great-Great-Great-Great-Whatever-Granddad Karl. "

I just hope that nothing tragic is going to happen to the other guy. And no overused love triangles either.

Okay, I think I get what you are driving at but if you read the last book out in the series, Treecat Wars, I believe you will find that the main story line was turning in the direction you are bothered by anyways.

Not yet, but hopefully soon. I'm honestly getting tired of YA love triangles.

Okay, I'll give you that your view is more than likely. (Another Karl could be possible, you know.)

"Stephanie wouldn't agree." Stephanie is a teenage girl. I most assuredly am not.

I'm with you all the way about no overused love triangles!

Mostly "romance" spoils S.F. (I hasten to add that I love a real "love" story where we have honesty, fidelity, faithfulness, and honor. ;))

*Romance seems to equal dishonesty, inability to deal with reality or make a decision. All things I dislike intensely. Probably why I like Honor Harrington so much.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
HareBrain Book Discussion 17
Fishbowl Helmet Writing Resources 2
AnyaKimlin Critiques 9
allmywires Writing Discussion 16
Hex Critiques 22