Victor Gollancz Submissions question

Montero

Supporter
I have a memory from the last time I sent a book out on tour, that while Orion group was agent only, VG had a separate submissions page and they were open to unsolicited manuscripts. (That was when Jo Fletcher was running VG.) Could be wrong about that - it was a little while ago.

Just went to Orion/VG website and could only find Orion submission guidelines and no separate VG ones. Orion's are still agent only, so that presumably applies to VG as well.

Anyone know anything different?

I have a memory from the last time I sent a book out on tour, that while Orion group was agent only, VG had a separate submissions page and they were open to unsolicited manuscripts. (That was when Jo Fletcher was running VG.) Could be wrong about that - it was a little while ago.

Just went to Orion/VG website and could only find Orion submission guidelines and no separate VG ones. Orion's are still agent only, so that presumably applies to VG as well.

Anyone know anything different?

As far as I know Gollancz is agent only, but Jo Fletcher Books (run by the same lady) is accepting submissions. Might be worth a look for you.
http://www.jofletcherbooks.com/about/

Thanks. Will be trying there too.

Was just hoping they were both agent-free openings and that I'd missed something on the Orion website. :)

And isn't she married to an Agent? Or did I get that wrong?

No, Boneman, you're not mistaken; Jo is married to Ian Drury (not Ian Dury), who is indeed an agent.

And, Montero, if Gollancz ever did accept non-agented submissions, they certainly haven't for a while now, I'm afraid.

Back