What won't you write?

The Evil Overlord makes a good point. Leaving stuff out can be just as important as putting it in, whether it's forgoing distracting levels of irrelevant detail or allowing the reader's own dark imagination to suggest horrors unwritten.

I'm not sure if there's any POV I wouldn't/can't write, except maybe any sports figure (as I find the watching of sports rather boring). I just partition off a part of my brain for the given POV, allowing me to write as he'd think and do without becoming preoccupied with a distasteful personality.

Someone mentioned about birthing scenes, and I did do one, but with a slight twist. The mother giving birth was a demon queen so the thrashing about got rather amusing in an almost dark humor sort of way.

I'm not sure if there's any POV I wouldn't/can't write, except maybe any sports figure (as I find the watching of sports rather boring). I just partition off a part of my brain for the given POV, allowing me to write as he'd think and do without becoming preoccupied with a distasteful personality.

Someone mentioned about birthing scenes, and I did do one, but with a slight twist. The mother giving birth was a demon queen so the thrashing about got rather amusing in an almost dark humor sort of way.

humour? sounds a bit scary.

There's thrashing?!

Wah! No one told me.
if you are prone to that sort of antic, then yes there can be thrashing.
I screamed three times, decided it was a waste of effort and focused on giving my son all the space in the world, if only to get him out of my ribcage (I swear he must have been practicing for a carer as a virtuoso xylophone player the way he harassed them).
funnily enough someone else in the maternity ward gave birth about the time I stopped screaming and my mom (who was in the waiting room with my sisters) was impressed with how fast I had given birth and after about 10 min (I had only got to the bearing down bit when I stopped screaming) wondered why no one had come to get them yet.

I havent been much of a thrasher since i nearly concussed myself while being the hostage of a tickle fiend.

Back