Kate Elliott books and writings

Alia

Young at Heart
I wanted to make all aware of Kate Elliott's list of Stories, just to sum up her published accomplishments. If you have any feed back, please feel free to comment. I personally haven't read them all.
Jaran Series (Scifi):
Book 1# Jaran
Book 2# An Earthly Crown
Book 3# His Conquering Sword
Book4# Law of Becoming
(Note: Books 2 & 3 are actually one book called The Sword fo Heaven)

Crown of Stars (Fantasy):
Book#1 King's Dragon
Book#2 Prince of Dogs
Book#3 Burning Stone
Book#4 Child of Flame
Book#5 The Gathering Storm
Book#6 In the Ruins (to be released in August 2005)
Book#7 The Crown of Stars (To be released in Feb 2006)

Collaborations (Fantasy):
The Golden Key written along with Melanie Rawn and Jennifer Roberson

Novels written as Alis Rasmussen:
The Labyrinth Gate
The Highroad Trilogy:
Book#1 A Passage of Stars
Book#2 Revolution's Shore
Book#3 The Price of Ransom

Kate's Elliott's short stories have been published in the following anthologies:
Weird Tales from Shakespeare
Enchanted Forest
Return to Avalon
The Shimmering Door
TaratFantastic
ZodiacFantastic

Re: Kate Elliott

WOW!!!!

A new literary master has arrived. ;)

A most impressive list Alia, didn't know all of those existsed!

HMM.. time to add some more stuff to my 'to read' list.

All the best mate. :D

Re: Kate Elliott boks and writings

I tried a few times to read "The Golden Key" and just couldn't get into it. Anyone recommend it?

I recommend it. On the other hand, it's not an action book with sword-fights and battles, so it's definitely not to everyone's taste. It does take a little while to get going, but a lot happens: births, deaths, murders, seductions. The magic is subtle, rather than overt, but it's there in the background even when it's not in the foreground.

Hmmm, I suppose I'll have to give it another try. After all, GRRM is right up my alley, and that sounds a lot like his style.

Thanks. I need something to read. :)

I recommend it too Arya. There is magic, seduction, and true love! I have posted my views about the book in previous posts, so I bore you with that, but overall the book is very well written! I enjoyed it!

The Crown of Stars series is very pleasing though I am having trouble locating book 3 The Burning Stone. I really enjoyed the first 2 though.

I have the Golden Key on the go right now and like Ayra I am finding it difficult to get into. Then I saw the local library was having a book sale and I found 5 paperbacks there that I wanted to read. So the Golden Key is back on the shelf for now!

In the Crown of Stars if you have any theories about Alain let us hear 'em! :)

Rahl

I've only read books from her Crown of Stars series. I really liked the first two. The third I thought lacked a bit of direction. I felt it got bogged down a bit but still enjoyable.

In the Crown of Stars if you have any theories about Alain let us hear 'em! :)
I actually have two theories about who Alain might be, if you want to hear them Rahl before you finish reading, then I will share. But I have to advice you to finish reading the last three books. If you need a copy of TBS, I can send you one, I have a few to spare (somehow I ended up with three copies of the book).

Alia said:
I actually have two theories about who Alain might be, if you want to hear them Rahl before you finish reading, then I will share. But I have to advice you to finish reading the last three books. If you need a copy of TBS, I can send you one, I have a few to spare (somehow I ended up with three copies of the book).

Well I always like to look around for a hardcover edition so sometimes it can take me a while to actually buy the book. I tried to borrow it at my local library and found that I had to wait for it to be sent from a linked library. As soon as they call I will have it for 3 weeks and then I can wait till I find it hardcover for purchase so no need to send it, thanks though :)

Rahl

jnr_turtle said:
I've only read books from her Crown of Stars series. I really liked the first two. The third I thought lacked a bit of direction. I felt it got bogged down a bit but still enjoyable.

I really enjoy the religious aspects of this story but I was thinking at the same time this may be the cause of the story to seem to be bogged down. I think because of the fact that the backbone of the story is religious then the author has done a masterful job to keep us interested and to keep the characters from becoming too preached or preachy.

Rahl

Just started reading King's Dragon, never read anything by Kate Elliot before. I wasn't sure if I was even going to get it, but I recognized Alia's name on the second page and then I had to know. ;)

Any recommended books by her?

keep reading the crown of stars for sure... Some parts of some of the books kinda bogged down for me, but everall I highly recommend you stick with it...

I am curious about the Jaren series... I am more into battle and adventure heavy(when it has a plot, know what I mean?) books... Knowing that, would you recommend the Jaren series to me?

Just started reading King's Dragon, never read anything by Kate Elliot before. I wasn't sure if I was even going to get it, but I recognized Alia's name on the second page and then I had to know. ;)
Yup, that's my name sake... I have to admit I like Alia in the books, especially in the proluge when Kate writes 'She lied.' I thought 'Oooooo' and didn't stop reading those books until I was finished. As Earos said, there are some parts that will bogg you down, just keep reading. It's worth the time. Big quesiton is trying to figure out who Alain is... good luck on that one A|one. ;)

Knowing that, would you recommend the Jaren series to me?
Well, I have only read the first book and a few pages into the second one. They are nothing like the Crown of Stars series. I happen to be a Genghis Khan fan (long story) and saw alot of him in the setting of this story. My recommendation is to read the first book. I liked it, but again it isn't anything like the CofS. In fact it's a SciFi... I honestly can 'highly' recommend it, but it is a good read. I have a friend who read all four currently out, she said that the first one and fourth one are great, and she highly recommended them to me. She didn't care for the two middle ones as much... Anyhoo... I hope that helps Earos...

I like some sci-fi.... I mean bio of a space tyrannt was one of the series' that got me into reading as a source of entertainment... he he

I will pick up the first book when I get on my sci-fi kick again...