Edward Rutherford?

I've got all but his latest, New York, in my "to be read" pile. The consensus amongst those people I know who have read them, is that Sarum, and London, are his best books. Most of them say that Sarum is an absolute masterpiece.

*loves*

I've read London, and The Forest (I think that was what it was called)

I really really like them. I've been meaning to find Sarum for ages, but I sort of forgot.

On of my favourite Historical Fiction writers!

Sarum is an absolute must! Have you managed to get a copy yet Lioness?

London and Russka are fantastic reads as well. The Forest was good but not in my opinion as good as his previous books.

I have yet to get his books on Ireland, which are on my list 'to get' and have heard they are tremendous reads as well.

I am so glad there is a thread on this, I'd hate to think Rutherford's series were not popular. I actually read the Forest first and then read Sarum, and I must say of the two the Forest was by far my favorite. At times, especially the stories around the reign of Elizabeth I and the civil war I was brought to tears. Sarum was incredible but you could tell how far Rutherford had come as a writer between the two.

I havn't read his others, but I'm interested in reading Russka next, seems fascinating.

I wondered all the way through what it might be like adapted into a miniseries, with each episode being one of the stories, all the same actors playing their respective descendants roles.