Racism ?

The Ace

Scottish Roman.
Sorry, I'm watching a re-run of Moriarty's resurrection in TNG and got that phrase again;

"My past is the scribblings of a long-dead Englishman.":mad:

The last time I looked, Edinburgh (Conan-Doyle's birthplace) was in Scotland, making him a long-dead Scotsman.

Bearing in mind that this is sent 300 years in the future, some things will be lost. Considering it's just "Earth" now, small borders in a united kingdon may be overlooked.

Sorry, I'm watching a re-run of Moriarty's resurrection in TNG and got that phrase again;

"My past is the scribblings of a long-dead Englishman.":mad:

The last time I looked, Edinburgh (Conan-Doyle's birthplace) was in Scotland, making him a long-dead Scotsman.

Actually Sir Arthur Conan Doyle is as much of a Scotsman as i would be if i was born in Edingburg.

Arthur Conan Doyle was born on 22 May 1859 in Edinburgh, Scotland, to an English father of Irish descent, Charles Altamont Doyle, and an Irish mother, née Mary Foley, who had married in 1855.[1]

So he is like 100% Irish or at least 75%,25% english.

Sure he might have been Scottish national cause of where he was born.

Its the Irish that should get annoyed that the english take him for theirs.
But then again they have Swift,Joyce,Dunsany and many more.

Its like the Russia taking great authors from Ukraine as Russians just because it was Sovjet era early in the last century.

I agree with you, Vlad, it still makes me wince, though.

How is he seen in Scotland by the way ? A brit or a scot ?

Like Murray he is British only when its important like Wimbledon if you follow tennis.