Clash of the Titans (2010)

* Imagines these words circling in Karn's head: "Diss Troy! Diss Troy! Diss Troy....!" *

I saw this last night. The 3D was fairly pointless and added nothing to the movie. I would have preferred to have seen this in good ol' fashioned 2D.

In terms of the story itself I found that it relied overmuch on things happening for no apparent reason as the 'heroes' blundered into one situation after another with little reason for it. Quite why the Pegasus kept appearing at certain moments and not others seemed dictated by the power of plot rather than any reason given in the movie. They didn't even bother throwing in a oneliner "Zeus did it" comment about it, despite doing so in other parts of the movie.

Anyway, perhaps I read too much into it but by the end I just found it unintentionally humorous and a tale of class warfare. The gods (upper class, natch) decide that the lower class (Man) are being uppity and punish them only for the middle class (Perseus) to take a stand with the downtrodden. So far, so noble. Except by the end...*spoiler*
Perseus decides he likes his absentee father, flying horse, magical sword and immortal hottie a lot more than hanging round with an orphaned princess in a devastated city populated by thousands of smelly homeless and the severely injured.

Also didn't the Stygian witches tell Perseus that he was fated to be killed in this adventure? Why wasn't he??

Not really sure what that's telling us except that the lower class pay, the middle class bugger off to their own devices and the upper class are largely the same as they were in the beginning? :)

Just seen it.

I've seen worse, though I really can't remember when...oh yes, Howard the Duck.

Believe me, Sorrow, the "good ol' fashioned" 2D version was surely no better. At least the theater I saw it in tickets were only $4 apiece.

There's reasons why I hesitate to see mythology films and this one was no exception.