Winged Kitten.

I don't see how grooming would cause such an effect - yes fur could be made to go that shape in a longfured cat- but not without some clipping of the rest of the fur - and there would be no boney parts!
My money is on either a gentic defect cause by inbreeding or some similar factor in the cat breeds in China (though its a long shot as I think these cats are not exclusive breeds) or - far more likley - some sort of chemical waste which is causing the abnormal development. It should really be a worry for the people and government if it is as small things like this can be the hallmark for bigger problems (read human problems) down the road if there are chemicals leaking or being released into the ecosystem - especailly in such highly populated and dense communities

According to the cat's owners, he doesn't seem to mind his new wings — and he’s loving the attention he's received because of them!

Ironically enough, given his "wings", what may cause him problems later on may be the humble catflap**.

** - Unless they don't have them where he lives.

Are we sure this isn't a hoax. There isn't any scientific evidence listed int he article, and I would thinkt hat would be the first hting to be sdone. Like OR says, it could be a clue that something bigger is inthe works regarding chemical and mutations.

Um, IIRC, I've seen this deformity before. They crop up from time to time, and the wee kitty has problems with lungs as it grows. Seems happy enough with the fuss, of course...

When I first saw this thread, I thought it was going to be about Ursula Le Guin's children's series called Catwings. It's a great story about a group of kittens born with wings who were misunderstood by everyone around them, and their attempts to fit in to the world.

Either there is a lot of evolution going on, or its pollution. There's something up tho.

Four-eared feline finds fame - TODAY Pets

If you combine wing kitty with four eared kitty, I think you'll have a small demon.

And note "t wasn't quite love at first sight, but the Rocks felt sorry for the cat and offered to adopt the kitten from the bar's owner, who kept the animal caged atop the bar for his customers' amusement."

You know, I think on most days, I'd take demonic evolution kitty over jerk faced bartender any day. I really hate people that keep animals in cages. I mean, I could probably stab that bartender in the face and be relatively OK with it.

From the photo it looks like an extra pair of ears. It is not uncommon for a section of DNA to double itself and double express itself in an organism. Five legged calves and the like have often been reported. Perhaps cats double up on ears?

Back