Questions

MIsabelVelasco

Hello There!
My name is María Isabel, and im from Santiago, Chile, South America.
I had a few questions, and if someone could answer me it would be awesome..
Two years ago, in a trip to Mexico, I bought this shinny pretty book called "Stravaganza; Ciudad de Máscaras" (Stravaganza; City of Masks).. Just looking at it made me wonder how would it amaze and entertain me.
Anyways.. I read this book, and, literaly, after finishing the last sentence, and reading the last word, I needed more. I ordered the second book in spanish, "Stravaganza; Ciudad de Estrellas" (Stravaganza; City of Stars), and the experience was quite the same that with the first one. But then, I realized that there was no third book!.. How could this be?.. So I started searching.. eBay, amazon, betterworldbooks.com, etc.. and I found this third book.. well, you know the end of the story..
Well, going back to the questions.. (I got a little sidetracked :))
Are there going to be other books in spanish?
Is there only one type of cover for the 4th book?
And how much does the 4th book cost in a American bookstore? (Its not very nice posting prices.. but i need to know, so I can save up for buying it..)

Well.. mostly that would be all..
Oh, and of course, Congratulations Mary for your truly amazing books. They're just the kind of books everyone likes and reads.
Your way of writting is just one of the most.. mm.. dont know how to express it.. magical, catching ways I have ever read.
Just takes you into the book and doesnt let you go till the last word.
Even better than Harry Potter or Stephanie Meyer's Twilight saga.
Thanks for all the work and those fantastic books.

Please, if you only know one answer, post it. I'd be really thankful.
Thankyou!

(If there is something that someone doesnt understand, because of my english weirdness, please ask.. or tell me "how to say it right" :) )

Last edited:
There's a thread about this already - it looks like only the first two books have been translated into Spanish. I think you need to check out the spanish publisher's website to find out more.

My name is María Isabel, and im from Santiago, Chile, South America.
I had a few questions, and if someone could answer me it would be awesome..

I've just found this post, Maria Isabel, and will do my best to answer all your questions.
Two years ago, in a trip to Mexico, I bought this shinny pretty book called "Stravaganza; Ciudad de Máscaras" (Stravaganza; City of Masks).. Just looking at it made me wonder how would it amaze and entertain me.
Anyways.. I read this book, and, literaly, after finishing the last sentence, and reading the last word, I needed more. I ordered the second book in spanish, "Stravaganza; Ciudad de Estrellas" (Stravaganza; City of Stars), and the experience was quite the same that with the first one. But then, I realized that there was no third book!.. How could this be?.. So I started searching.. eBay, amazon, betterworldbooks.com, etc.. and I found this third book.. well, you know the end of the story..

I'm guessing you read Book Three in English? Lyanna is right that the Mexican publishers decided not to continue with the series (this happens quite often apparently).
Well, going back to the questions.. (I got a little sidetracked :))
Are there going to be other books in spanish?

I think I answered this?
Is there only one type of cover for the 4th book?

Yes. Go to Stravaganza for the officila answer to this and other questions. It was not my decision.

And how much does the 4th book cost in a American bookstore? (Its not very nice posting prices.. but i need to know, so I can save up for buying it..)

I've just looked on my shelf and it doesn't say! You'll have to try bloomsburyusa.com

Well.. mostly that would be all..
Oh, and of course, Congratulations Mary for your truly amazing books. They're just the kind of books everyone likes and reads.
Your way of writting is just one of the most.. mm.. don't know how to express it.. magical, catching ways I have ever read.
Just takes you into the book and doesnt let you go till the last word.
Even better than Harry Potter or Stephanie Meyer's Twilight saga.
Thanks for all the work and those fantastic books.

Thank you for your kind words; it's always wonderful to hear from a reader who really likes and "gets" the books.

I'm not sure what thread I am answering in but perhaps a mod could move it to the Mary Hoffman author page?

Thanks

m_) is there any newbie thread or welcome you-newbie-person kind of place to start out..?

m_) anyway, not sure where I am but I had a question about these books: Are you planning to bring this into a film, perhaps?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, Metalmadcat, and welcome to the Chrons!

I had to remove the quote you made in the post above, as the software stops you posting links until a certain number of posts - and the links in the quote set it off.

m_) is there any newbie thread or welcome you-newbie-person kind of place to start out..?

There certainly is:

Introductions - Science Fiction Fantasy Chronicles: forums

If you quote another post, and that post has a link of any kind in it, the software shunts it straight to moderation, until you've made 15 posts.

For example, the post above went to moderation because I put a link to the Introductions thread into it, and you used "Quote" rather than "Post Reply" when you answered it.

Hi!

I would like to ask, because I really can't remember, that who finally became the Duke or Duchessa of Fortezza in The City of Swords? :confused: :)

Haidi