Vorkosigan saga

greylin

I LOVED these books by Bujold! Does anyone know if she has plans to write any more in this series?

She has promised to write another, but it probably won't be for another couple of years. She's working on two fantasy series (or is it three?) for the time being, but don't worry; she's being nagged about it.

That's reassuring, thanks. :) I've just bought the third installment of "The Sharing Knife", though I find that series is not quite up there with the Vorkosigan or Chalion books.

On searching through the general books and literature forum here, I see there are far more than five threads about Bujold so that would appear to easily meet the requirement for having her own sub-forum. She certainly deserves one.

I, of course, would agree with you; but the qualification is 'five active threads', and she doesn't pull replies like some people.

Have you tried her fantasy yet? I'm more SF than fantasy, yet I have my next "Sharing knife" episode planned for Christmas.

Have you found "Winterfair gifts"? I suppose I'm going to have to buy the civic campain and diplomatic immunity again to get the story in the multipack.

More information please, I don't know who you are talking about? Are these in English?

Have you found "Winterfair gifts"? I suppose I'm going to have to buy the civic campain and diplomatic immunity again to get the story in the multipack.

I found Winterfair Gifts as an ebook at fictionwise.com - if you don't have something like a Sony reader, you could always read it on your computer in .lit format using MS Reader. It's only a short book.

Last edited:
More information please, I don't know who you are talking about? Are these in English?

They are indeed. The author is Lois McMaster Bujold. She writes both fantasy and SF. The foundations of the Vorkosigan saga (SF) are laid in Shards of Honor and Barrayar; then the focus shifts to Miles Vorkosigan who is the main character in Warrior's Apprentice and its (many!) sequels. Some people recommend starting with Warrior's Apprentice, but I don't because I like to understand the context first.

It's about Lois McMaster Bujold the creator of Miles (the madcap) Vorkosigan. Great SF stories. It starts with his parents story in Shards of Honor. Or, you could start with the omnibus edition Cordelia's Honor which is a combination of Shards and Barrayar. Fun reading.

Thanks for the link been years since I read her Miles books and had no idea how many were out there now. Looks like I have a few books to locate. Just entered them in my wanted database lol.