The Joyous Jaunty June Perusals (Or what we are reading in June)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm done w/ "No Control" (by Shannon K. Butcher) and I'm back on "Furies of Calderon" by Jim Butcher...

I also have a borrowed Tanya Huff book that I've read the fist page of trying to decide if I want to dive all the way in.

Which Huff book is that?

The first one in the Keeper's Chronicles... I can't recall the name off the top of my head... just had the 2nd one here that has that on it... I've drawn a complete blank. I've had them in my desk at work for like 5 years - borrowed from a friend...

The first one in the Keeper's Chronicles... I can't recall the name off the top of my head... just had the 2nd one here that has that on it... I've drawn a complete blank. I've had them in my desk at work for like 5 years - borrowed from a friend...

You might like the Valor books better, it starts with Valor's Choice.

I just got Gateway and Doomsday Book from the library. Which one should I start first?

I assume you mean The Doomsday Book by Connie Willis. If so, they are both good. If you’re into time travel and historical fiction about medieval Europe, you may want to start with The Doomsday Book. If you’re into more typical and classical Sci-Fi, start with Gateway.

Well done on the book Rane. Mine will arrive next week some time.

Check your PMs.

Cheers...

I assume you mean The Doomsday Book by Connie Willis. If so, they are both good. If you’re into time travel and historical fiction about medieval Europe, you may want to start with The Doomsday Book. If you’re into more typical and classical Sci-Fi, start with Gateway.

Yes I did mean the book by Connie Willis. I am going to start with Gateway because I'm in the mood for some good sci fi, then I'll read Doomsday. Thanks!

Finished Armadale, by Wilkie Collins. Though it wobbled a bit now and again in the latter half, I'd definitely recommend it on several levels. Certainly the final pages turned that screw almost unbearably... and I'd say it managed to walk the line between natural and supernatural very well. My edition contains an "Appendix" from (iirc) the second edition of the novel, by Collins, which adds even more to the curiousness of the book....

I've got to say that Lydia Gwilt is, at the very least, someone who gives his Count Fosco a run for his money as a "villain", not only in her actions, but in the complexity of her character. Definitely a book I'll be returning to at some point....

After being unable to put down Black Powder War, I'm moving on to Naomi Novik's Empire of Ivory.

And then you'll join me impatiently drumming my fingers on the table, Tal, as the next one is still under construction...:rolleyes::D

Nearly finished Excession...back to Hobb's Tawny Man series, with The Golden Fool.

Hurrah! :D

Which version of The Stand are you reading, Lioness? The original or the unabridged?

The unabridged one by the looks of it. Some people I know liked it more than The Shining, and that is my favourite King novel...I thought I'd give it a go.

Reading Shadow Games by Glen Cook; fourth in The Black Company series.

Cheers, DeepThought

And then you'll join me impatiently drumming my fingers on the table, Tal, as the next one is still under construction...:rolleyes::D

Oh definitely - the Temeraire series has found a definite place in my heart, so I'll be impatiently waiting for the next one, too.:)

Novik's Victory of Eagles will be out in hardback on July 8, here in the States.

Still working on my reread of Kate Elliott's Crown of Stars series. Now on book 3, The Burning Stone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back