Site Re-re-Design: Attack of the Fonts

Heheh, I'm on Opera 9.27 too... and it looks fine. The only thing is, it takes a little while for the dates and copyright stuff to flash into place - there's a white box there for a very short time before... don't know why that is.

Right, well, then I go and spoil it all by saying something like -- I get this:

Lennysthing.jpg

And I'm running Firefox 2.0.0.14

There's always one, isn't there? :rolleyes:

---

Right, I've changed the H4 flash mvie file which is the "Lenco. Productions" bit), and I've changed the font size of the warning, which should put it back onto one line, so try it again and see what it does, please.

What's your monitor resolution, out of interest?

EDIT: Actually, I don't know if it will go back onto one line... ah well, that's what makes experimentation so fun! :p

Exactly the same?! Could you try a Ctrl + F5 just to make sure, please?

Oh, are the other bits OK?

Ah! Sorted. It's fine now.

However, there's also this white line that extends beyond the edges -- I don't think it's supposed to do that?
Whiteline.jpg

That'll be a bad height somewhere - one tiny thing is a pixel out, or a bit of text is a size too big. :rolleyes:

The reason it extends beyond the edges and suddenly stops is because the graphics with shadow are in cells in the table which have a background colour of white (#FFFFFF), and are set to not repeat if the the cell is forced bigger than it should be, which is what's happening there - something from the last blog sections is a pixel bigger than it should be, which forces the things below it down a pixel, making the white line appear.

And now (Ctrl + F5 again - F5'ing simply refreshes the page. Ctrl + F5 clears the cache and reloads the whole page, including any elements it uses to load, in case you're wondering)?

Hmph. You're as bad as Leisha!

Right, I think I'll go through all the code and look for irregularities, then. I'll post when I reckon I've solved it.