>

B&N does Lovecraft!!

Omphalos

הדרךקפיצת
I was at B&N yesterday, and saw a bunch of large anthology books there that they had published. Most of them looked nice and had all the accoutremonts (gilt edge, leather-like binding, hubs, etc) and were $20 or under. I hope this one is one of those.

pablo

I was at B&N yesterday, and saw a bunch of large anthology books there that they had published. Most of them looked nice and had all the accoutremonts (gilt edge, leather-like binding, hubs, etc) and were $20 or under. I hope this one is one of those.
Actually, it probably would be their "Library of Essential Writers Series", if we go by the $12.95 pricetag. For those unaware, here is that series, of which I have two volumes, the Poe and the O. Henry

Ningauble

Lovecraftian
Awesome news! The juvenilia is indeed included, and in the appendix as I'd suspected! And two collaborations/revisions. Do we have a release date on this beauty?
Fall, according to Jim Rockhill at the Eldritch Dark forum. The last I heard from Joshi was that most of the work -- introduction and brief headings for every story -- was already done, and he was just waiting for the proofs.

I think bn.com ships worldwide, no?
True, but then you'll have to get an account there. I'm not too big a fan of opening accounts all over the place, preferring to stick to a few sellers. And people I know -- a buddy of mine in Texas has promised to get this book for me.

pablo

It looks like it will be part of B&N's "Library of Essential Writers" series, of which I have two volumes, Poe and O. Henry. I can't post link yet, so if you're unfamiliar with this series, paste search.barnesandnoble.com into your browser, then append /booksearch/results.asp?SID=365421. You will be presented with a complete (?) listing.

Thats great news.

I've been going through his stories one compilation at a time and am 'in between' books right now. Since I'm at the point where I would be buying books with duplicate stories, it might be perfect timing for me!

pablo

Joshi says the volume will be around 1,200-1,500 pages in length, according to that podcast interview posted here today.

That's in line with other B&N tomes in this line of theirs (I have the O. Henry and it too is around 1,500 pages or so).

pablo

It'll most likely be like their series of huge classics collections called The Library of Essential Writers. I have two volumes of it, the Poe and the O. Henry.

Randolph

Oh wow. This awesome news! I have a feeling a few of my friends will be getting this for Christmas...

I bought this last week, it is great to have most if not all his stories, novellas, novels, and poems in one book. I did notice a few printing errors, the Yen symbol, they for the, a few other words that are not in his stories i have in other collections. I noticed that this was printed in China, you would think they would have had a proofreader go over it before OK'ing the print run.

Considering how hard it is to just get one book of his, I can live with the problems. :D

Omphalos

הדרךקפיצת
Can somebody post the ISBN or the full title of this book (or a link to amazon)? I was in B&N the other day and I could have sworn I saw a second omnibus that was produced by somebody lese (no, not Gramercy) and I want to make sure before I buy. Thanks!

Here you go, Omphalos:

H.P. Lovecraft, Library of Essential Writers Series, H. P. Lovecraft, Book - Barnes & Noble

This should provide all the information you need....

And yes, I've noticed a few typos myself... usually the same letter being dropped periodically, so it may well have been a mechanical problem. Still, what I've come across so far (admittedly, I'm only a few stories in at this point) has been quite minor, compared to so many other editions of HPL....

Omphalos

הדרךקפיצת
Here you go, Omphalos:

H.P. Lovecraft, Library of Essential Writers Series, H. P. Lovecraft, Book - Barnes & Noble

This should provide all the information you need....

And yes, I've noticed a few typos myself... usually the same letter being dropped periodically, so it may well have been a mechanical problem. Still, what I've come across so far (admittedly, I'm only a few stories in at this point) has been quite minor, compared to so many other editions of HPL....
Thank you!

D_Davis

Can somebody post the ISBN or the full title of this book (or a link to amazon)? I was in B&N the other day and I could have sworn I saw a second omnibus that was produced by somebody lese (no, not Gramercy) and I want to make sure before I buy. Thanks!
I saw a newish one a couple of months ago, bound in what looked like black leather, with gold-leafed font on the cover.