A Butcher-ing sale at Borders (US)

bookfan

Greetings Jim Butcher fans.

US Borders stores will be having a sale for Jim Butcher mass market novels from 3/18 - 4/14. It is buy one get one free! Here's your chance to buy two or even three copies of the same novel in case you have a young child, cousin, or grandchild who is not quite as careful with your novels than you would like to be.

Here's the link: ListView - Borders - Books, Music and Movies

Cool!

Dunno that I'll grab any - I have 3 copies of most of them already. ;)

1 for reading, 1 auto'd, 1 w/ annotated notes. Yes, I *am* that geeky, but I also run an RPG based on the Dresden Files, so it all makes sense. *g*

Can people outside US buy the books with the deal by internet?

Can people outside US buy the books with the deal by internet?
I don't think so. I think the offer is for brink-and-mortor stores only.

However, if you don't mind paying for international shipping, US's amazon site has a "buy 4 books for the price of 3" sale on many of the mass market novels. If my math is correct, it's essentially 25% off each book you purchase; mathmatically, it's the same deal that Borders have with their Butcher sale. This might be an option consider if you aren't finding the Butcher novels in your area.

Yep, good sale. Already bought 2 or 4 since it started. It's too bad that the new hard cover coming out tomorrow will probably say 20% off and can't do it then. Otherwise theres a couple paperbacks I need since I got them in e-book format which I found out I don't really care for.

I don't think so. I think the offer is for brink-and-mortor stores only.

However, if you don't mind paying for international shipping, US's amazon site has a "buy 4 books for the price of 3" sale on many of the mass market novels. If my math is correct, it's essentially 25% off each book you purchase; mathmatically, it's the same deal that Borders have with their Butcher sale. This might be an option consider if you aren't finding the Butcher novels in your area.

I will tell this to my bookshop. They usually order the cheapest paperback for me from amazon like places.

Thanks for the tip.

The books are pretty expensive for a paperback over here that i will try to get any deals that are better.

it's a shame i missed this, but i just now caught onto the butcher train. im almost done with fool moon and im already hooked. this is the most fun i've had reading in a very long time.

FYI, i chose to bump this thread because Borders in the US has another promotion going on this week... all mystery, sci-fi/fantasy, etc... buy 2, get the 3rd free. hit em up!

Cool!

Make sure you pick up the anthologies and, if you can get your hands on a copy, "Backup" - the chapter book from Thomas Raith's POV! (You'll meet Thomas in book 3).

Cool!

Make sure you pick up the anthologies and, if you can get your hands on a copy, "Backup" - the chapter book from Thomas Raith's POV! (You'll meet Thomas in book 3).

anthologies? what are those? i figure i'll get through the 10 novels before i jump into those kinds of things. plus i've got the rest of george martin's 'song of ice and fire' on my shelf (i've only read the first, wasn't blown away) and i've been wanting to kick off tad william's MS&T series as well. i could be a long way from being caught up on the dresden files!