Introducing Characters

shamguy4

Looking back at my first chapter I'm havingn thoughts about changing the way I introduce my main character.
After having a strange dream he is woken up by a friend who he gets into a little fight with.
I feel like im already showing his bad side before you get to even see how he thinks and acts when he's alone.
I'm afraid he wont look like a likeable character to the readers.
I thought maybe he should awaken from the dream on his own and I show you what he is all about by showing you thoughts in his head and stuff.
Later I could have him get into a fight. (he needs to get into the fight...)

I'm very good at showing emotions and thoughts... blah blah when my character is alone. I feel thats where you see the true him.
I'm not sure what to do...?

How do you introduce your characters?
Around others or alone at first?

hello
how are you ?

so , characters , for me , i have rule i try to follow here , the first impression has the upper hand , so this situation depends on what you want others to see
do you want your hero to be good ? do you want him bad ? do you want him looks like bad but he is at the end , good ? or you want him looks like good and then you turn him at the end the bad one ? each depends on your story

for me , the first chapter is the most important , i see it as the link between the novel and the reader , which will determine many things

so , if i'm in your foot , i'll try to make calm , normal intro at the beginning , then have something so weird to happen , something so vague , so that you end your chapter and your reader wants to cut the whole pages to the last one to understand what really heppened..

that's my way of dealing with things here , i hope you good luck..

salam..
el-saher>>

I guess this means I kinda have to write a little notes about what my character has been up to till now (till the books starts)
I figured the real story starts in chapter 3 and now I just have to tell about my character and whats he up to. I figured that it would be easy and I would just write anything cause it didnt matter- his life will totally take a dive in chapter 3.
But I guess I cant just spew anything... It all matters
I just dont know how to begin...

My real problem is I'm afraid of giving different attitudes to my character caue I'm afraid it will change him to be in a way I dont like.
Like in a certain scene I might be afraid to make him yell or get into an argument because it might change him.

this whole introducing the character thing... its really for me and not my readers.
I'm afraid to explore his different attitudes...