Season 2, Episode 3

rol7805

SF&F Fan
A gay Zen atheist who enjoys anything science fict
Wow, I'm surprised I'm starting this thread. What did everyone think?

*Possible spoilers below*

I'm glad to see Nikki back. And are they raiding the entire cast of the original Star Trek series or what? I did feel like several scenes in this episode were 'stealing': Claire and her new beau from Superman, and Peter and his gal from 'Bourne Identity'. Still, very enjoyable. I'm curious to find out why Sylar's trick didn't work, and I want to know more about the original 'Heroes'. :)

Loved the plotlines til it turned into the OC in last 5 minutes.

Will clarify when sentient.

My view of Skylar is that he is not on earth, or that he is so far back in time that the places he knows of do not exist. But that is if, and only if, he does have a power like Hiro's. One would think that he would know which power he got, but the girl (I'm terrible with names) only showed the ability to shape shift. Perhaps there's yet another time bender who will show up at this cabin lost "in time and space" [Old television program flash back!] who Skylar will confuse because of shape shifting abilities and thereby get back.

Blick! Blick! Blick! I don't want sappy love stories! I want Heroes to be filled with adventure, intrigue and danger! Okay, certainly I want to see love of family, and being filled with love of duty and honor maybe a little romantic love thrown in, but not this "I've met the love of my life, and I can't have her, but I must stay near her, etc. Thereby ruining a perfectly good show.

What did you think of Peter's tattoo turning into our Japanese symbol before disappearing? Are we getting a hint that he might be turning to the "Dark side?"

Then we Clare and "Daddy" aka "creepy glasses guy" (I'm terrible with names!) heading for a Daddy/Daughter fight over a boy.

If next week gets Hiro out of the sappy silliness, I can't wait for it!

Peter's tattoo was interesting, I reckon the Irish family tattoo has got the 'godsend' sybol within it, maybe the Irish family are part of the 'godsend' company and that's why peter ended up there.

I'll say it again, We are still heading for the Future we saw in series one. Sylar has just taken Candice's power (although he can't use it yet!?!) and although I didn't notice, did Peter have a tattoo in the future?

It was very lame with the love stories, but Peter's now had a new girl each series I wonder if the Irish chick will die (I don't know any of the irish names, was it Mary?)

And why didn't Calre's dad (mr bennett) get more inconspicuous glasses, almost eveyrone remembers him form his glasses. the horn rimmed? I didn't even know what horn rimmed was before I watched heroes. (I thought it was somekind of homo-rhinocerous sex) ;)

It is getting interesting, but Maybe sylar's powers have to be regained. In the future did he have any powers that he had before?
flying (no)
phasing(no)
bending light(no)

Although we did see that finger scalping thing. so maybe I'm wrong

but we did see a blue(ish) flash to peter's red. (or was it the other way round) Has Sylar still got Ted's power, he must have if he is to blow up NY (but then again it was never sylar it was Peter all along)

A couple musings..

Peter's tattoo turning into the godsend symbol and dissappearing was reminiscent of Nikki's tattoo, when she was going back and forth between herself and Jessica. Also her tattoo would disappear in Isaac's paintings. So hmm, is Peter devolping a fissure?

Sylar, even his name, was taken from a watch and being the watch repairman, I think he will get his powers back. He gets his powers by finding the "part" from his victims that makes them different and acquiring it. But , I believe, like a watch all the parts need to be in working order for the entire mechanism to work. When he recovers from his physical wounds, his powers will likely return. Even the Candace/Michelle character implied as much.

After episode 2 I was apt to think the company may be in trouble, after episode 3 the company will be just fine. Is it possible that West (I believe thats his name, the boy in Claire's class) is working for the company? Clearly they are about to get Nikki, and I agree now with Parkman that Mohinder may be over his head. They did have Sylar under control, but it would seem Sylar may have also check mated himself to a degree by getting rid of his medical assistance.

And I stand by my OC comment (hehehe) three major characters developing love interests in one show?!! Blech!

And why do I get the sense that Claire is going to pull a Sansa Stark (sorry for the reference if you havent read Martin) on Noah Bennett.

...that's only if you call it a "love interest" for Claire when some guy harasses her at school, stalks her home, peeps at her through a window (which she finds out about), and abducts her, and then she kisses him for it.

Claire's whole thing is having someone to be herself with, but from the last painting it kind of shows that West (if that's his name) will be snogging claire while her dad is shot in the eye!!
Nice!
Nice idea of peter having a bad side that could come out, he did pick up Nikki/jessica's power. So maybe he picked up her split personally.

Cool

Delvo, your post made me giggle.

I agree other than the abduction part, she seemed pretty thrilled about flying. But being a bartender I have often found its the obnoxious nitwit that gets the girl, and well he has the best "pick up line" (pun intended) ever.

Claire was tired of being a solo "freak" (her words not mine), and finally found someone to relate to her own age. That's some pretty serious stuff for an adolescent in a new environment.

Do I remotely trust West, nope, not, never, no. (I think he's in bed with the company afterall)

Edit: A question, Hiro and Peter have been together (in what is now the past in what i guess you'd call the correct timeline) yet Peter did not absorb Hiro's power? anyone else notice this?

Edit 2.0: Moonbat, you have emboldened (<--is that a word?) my thoughts on Peter/Jessica issue. In the alternative future, Peter and Jessica are a couple and they were not remotely friendly with bad*** Hiro. AND Peter nearly choked that one gang member to death even after he was no longer a harm to anyone in the room.

Speculation is fun :)

Last edited:

Back