Season 2, episode 2

Alia

Young at Heart
You realize I suffer from OCD and I can't wait for someone else to start this thread?!

This thread has spoilers in it... so beware!

Okay... how bizarre is Hiro's Kensei? Kind of remind you of another we know? Oh Claire! I think his going back actually started the main story line, he didn't change it...

So, I'm curious on who this mysterious killer is now. At the first of the show I thought maybe it was Hiro but I love Hiro and I remembered that in the first episode both the killer and Hiro's dad jumped off the building and both hit the bottom. I believe that this guy, who ever it is, is much like Sylar and Peter and has many talents. The reason why I thought it was Hiro at first was because the killer was able to get into police station and cut Peter's mom up and leave without being seen. I instantly thought of the time thingy idea...

Now we know that Peter's mom slept around. :eek: Have to wonder if she might be Hiro's mother? Just a thought.

Another strange thought I had was Claire's toe... now sick would that be find it just lying around! I sure hope she went and picked it up! :D

That toe seen was pretty sick--what did she do with it afterwards?

What about those twins? What the heck is their power? Maya steals souls maybe? Then what does her hermano do?

Whoever slashed up Angela in the interrogation room is probably the same person Molly is having nightmares about.

Can't figure out why Peter lost his memory--at least that Irish dude told him his name. I wonder what that box contains.

I agree. When he half stood up at the end of the episode, I was kinda hoping he had a secret power of his own, e.g. zapping that flying dude with laser beams coming out of his eyes and... Too much? Sorry. :D

I liked Hiro's part in this episode, the scene under the cherry blossoms was especially good and when he was 'fighting' the samurai was just hilarious. Kensai's minor regeneration is very interesting - a 17th century Claire perhaps? To be brutally honest I was hoping he'd die, because I don't like much about him except for his accent (gotta love the Oxbridge English accents) and he seemed utterly amoral. Plus that means Hiro's gonna get all the glory :D

I also liked Noah's last bit where he greets The Haitian. Kinda felt like old friends an all that.

Whoever slashed up Angela in the interrogation room is probably the same person Molly is having nightmares about.
It's Mr. Muggles. Those evil eyes in Molly's picture. . . only Muggles has such evil eyes. He is very strategically placed to carry out his plan. . .

-

In other story lines my guess is peter exploding and then falling to earth took a lot of healing. From a splat to a person might create some memory loss. Or the company got to him and messed with him. Mybe the hatian got to him somehow but that doesn't fit too well.

-
the toe, gross! good thing the toe didn't grow another Claire.

-

meanwhile in Mexico - crazy black tears comming out the eyes? does she do something to the brain that spills out the eye holes? And her bro can undo it but I wonder if he has to get there right after it happens. Yay, new questions!

The toe scene just highlighted something that's gotten a bit ridiculous about Claire: they've made her ludicrously fragile to work in severe injuries that would never really happen in those situations, just to give her something drastic to heal from. Last season, there were things like simply getting knocked down and having her head spin halfway around for no reason. This season, it's starting again; that pair of scissors could never have done that!

Now we've seen two people with that power, as well as two people with the power of flying. There's a definite tendency for redundancy here. That makes sense; if there are superpowers at all, then why not a liminted number of them which makes the same ones appear in multiple different people? But these people's tendency to just coincidentally happen to keep bumping into each other like this makes no sense.

The twins seem to have two halves of the same power. Apparently either the power got split between them in the womb or the time they spent together in life caused whatever other powers they would have had independently to merge when the time for the powers to develop arrived.

The twins seem to have two halves of the same power. Apparently either the power got split between them in the womb or the time they spent together in life caused whatever other powers they would have had independently to merge when the time for the powers to develop arrived.
I was thinking the same thing, Delvo. It is definitely a weird power they have. I'm looking forward to finding out what exactly it is.

It's Mr. Muggles. Those evil eyes in Molly's picture. . . only Muggles has such evil eyes. He is very strategically placed to carry out his plan. . .
*giggles*

If that's the case, then this is not as great of a series as I thought it was. I over look a lot of annoying things (like the car getting stolen, what was the point of that and Claire's neck breaking and their weak 'keep claire safe at all costs') but to have him as the killer is kind of lame. I think it's slyar.

What got me, was if I was standing next to my dog and he was looking straight up at the sky, I would look up too. And what to my wondering eyes would appear but a flying boy.

Haha Murphy, no kidding, anyone who has has a dog knows something is VERY weird if they are looking up and barking.

The Maya /Alejandro thing is very strange, but it seems they are buried in some Christianity type lore, sort of the Wrath of God and the Mercy of God.
"please dont make my sister cry"

If you wanted a dream team to go after the company, they seem to have it in place:Mohinder, Bennett, the Haitian, Parkman and Molly Walker.

When will our Invisible friend return? And who is Nathan playing for?

edit: I love the Mr. Muggles as the evil eyes in Molly's dreams.

I wonder if its the same Mr muggles from last series?

Who ever put peter in the shipping container could have wiped his powers, but now he could become more of a criminal and less of a nurse!
It's all still heading for the same 5 years in the future that we saw Hiro visit in the 1st series.

the bad criminal that Molly sees could be the same person that attacked Mr's Angela P. But if its the same guy that killed Hrio'\s father then he's got more than one power.

Maybe Peter will meet some remote Irish hero with a useful power.

I wonder where Sylar is?

Kensai's minor regeneration is very interesting but i wonder if it was his power like Claire or somehow Hiro's holding him did something like rewind the time to before the injury. Just like he did in cherry trees scene. But prolly it was Kensai's power like Claire.

A very good ep i thought. Everything was interesting most Hiro and Peter going criminal and having some cool powers to use for once instead of being a crybaby.

The twins powers are freaky, poor guy to have that power.

Me too i thought that was the only lame thing in the ep. They were too clear about making it some lame cliffhanger. Who wouldnt look at what your dog is barking at? Very very lame.

Ever watch The Family Guy? When Brian acts like a dog on the rare occasion and starts barking?? I was picturing Mr. Muggles all of a sudden speaking to Claire after giving up on barking--"Oh for crying out loud, woman! Look up to the blasted sky!!" :p

Okay, I've been watching Heroes from day 1, and I don't understand if "Mr. Muggles" is actually a character name, or a name that someone on the site put to the eyes that "Molly?" (the little girl tracking device) sees. If this is a name I don't remember "Mr. Muggles" ever being spoken of. It sounds like a Teddy Bear and not sinister in the least.

Mr Muggles is the Bennetts' little dog. (And it's really been said on the show, not made up by fans.)

lol, yeah. i think most people stop paying real attention when claire's mum goes into her mode.

the whole hiro-going-back-in-time-and-messing-up-history... time travel is a very tricky thing to get your head round. if you go back in time from today, then in the past, history has it that someone came back in time from the future. nothing really changes. people tend to remember that they shouldnt be back in time, but the fact that they are, means that they should. they are doing what they're "supposed" to do, because its already happened.

what i want to know - if kensei has a healing ability - and i dont know how it can be called "minor" he had a hole through his heart which then closed itself! - then how can he not have known beforehand? living in that era, especially in samurai japan, surely you'd be injured at some point, and you'd see the effects? or maybe thats why he's an alcoholic? he saw some things he couldnt handle, mentally?

and does every freakin school in america have a superhero? what else can the new flying guy do - aside from peter, this is the first time more than one person has the same power. the whole claire-kensei comparison, its not the same cos there's about 250 years between them.

ps. i reckon that the box has that pendant with the kanji character meaning godsend - wasnt peter wearing it when they found him in the container?

pps.
the toe, gross! good thing the toe didn't grow another Claire.

lol. 2 claires might've been a bit of a giveaway

Back