Season 2, Episode 1

That got be bull cause he has used powers from people he have never known only seen them use their powers.

Sylar is a dedicated killer than enjoys doing what he does.

Peter was a crybaby most of last season, its a given one will be better at his power than the other ;)

Lets hope the new Peter has the willpower to do something with his amazing power.

I kink of think that making Peter a somewhat weak character is the only way to balance the show. If he was a person with a strong drive to use his powers, he would be so much more powerful than any other character (except Sylar, who is already dead). I mean, already he has the most impressive powers we've seen so far: flying, time dilation, and nuclear radiation (and invisibility is cool too).

My point is that the writers must find ways to weaken a character that has so much innate power, otherwise he would become the "Superman" of this series.

looks like I'm late to the party. No surprises with both Nathan and Peter still alive. Especially since the promos kept showing them both. New girl with a power to make people dead kind of fills the role of the nuke guy, very dangerous and folks should try to keep her away from the wrong hands. Good to see Mr. Muggles is still ok and continuing his plans of world domination. Heeey I missed all the guessing games. Having peter lose his memory seems to be the best decision. I hope he really gets comfy in his new world before he remembers. I'm gonna miss a few episodes though cause I"m off to greece! woohoo. Have fun all.

I kink of think that making Peter a somewhat weak character is the only way to balance the show. If he was a person with a strong drive to use his powers, he would be so much more powerful than any other character (except Sylar, who is already dead). I mean, already he has the most impressive powers we've seen so far: flying, time dilation, and nuclear radiation (and invisibility is cool too).

My point is that the writers must find ways to weaken a character that has so much innate power, otherwise he would become the "Superman" of this series.

I agree completly with that.

But i would have liked that Peter had more of strong character that he did something with any of his powers. But at the same time he should have weakness that makes it soo he doesnt become too powerful. Maybe he can only master a power or two at the time.

Make him more interesting without making him too powerful powerwise. Thats a must this season since Peter has a big role in the series.

mexican bleeding eyes thing
*giggles*

You forgot the power to alter perspectives... or in other words Illusionist.
And talking through computers.
How about the power to make people to forget?
Oh... and absorb other's powers

1. Does Hiro have to changed Japanese history to restore himself to the present? Or maybe if he accomplishes the change than everything that happens this year suddenly disappears? I kind of agree with the other person (sorry can't remember your name) This is kind of lame. I can't wait for him to get back and help out. He is one of my favorite characters and I rather see him helping in the present then trying to fix the past. I sure hope they make this more interesting because as it stands now, it's lame.

2. What power does the Spanish speaking (Mexican?) girl have? The ability to squeeze people's brains. :) No clue...

3. How long will Clare and her family be able to stay in hiding? Again, another lame part of the show. They change only the last name? Come on. Those who are searching for her will find her with no problem. Geez, I'm sure anyone could.

4. What's the face in the mirror mean for Clare's father? Guilt... thought that one was easy. And how do you guys know Peter was in Ireland? Was it mention in the first show? I recorded it so I'll have to go back and watch it now. :)

I would like to know about the first generation, the 30 who were all special. We know about Linderman, Hiro's dad, Peter's mother, Peter's dad, the man Peter took care of... I'm very interested on who they are and what their abilities were. I wonder if Donald Trump is one of them, considering that all those who we have seen so far from the 30 are rich and powerful. ;)

Peter was in Cork (i believe) which is Ireland and the guys that found him in the container spoke with a strong (attempt at an) Iriash accent.

Peter absorbs powers by being near them, he absorbed Ted (nuclear) just standing next to him, not really interacting directly with Ted at all.

Sylar's power is the power to understand how things work, that's why he looks at the brain and figures out how it creates the powers. That's what I gathered from it anyway.

I guess I missed off a few powers from my list, I think Freezing should be there as well as Sylar can freeze stuff (as he did to Molly's folks)

but yes, Peter's Empath(y) and Sylar's Understanding are definitely different powers. Peter's being the better one as he doesn't have to scalp someone to get it.

What day is Series 2 aired in America?

Moonbat

My question, does Peter's amnesia seem like a weak twist?

I don't know if yo noticed, but he was wearing that gold pendant that looks like a strand of RNA that "The Haitian" is always wearing, which implies for some reason that The Haitian wiped his memory.

He couldn't have been drifting on the currents either, since he was shackled in a cargo container. Someone must've put him there, perhaps to get rid of him (which would also explain the memory wipe).

I gotta say I laughed like hell when it turned out Kensai was some posh-talking English bloke. But I think Hiro's sense of justice will overtake him and he'll become the Kensai he was read stories about. I would say that I think he has to save that village at some point (due to the fact that he would never know about the village being saved because of all the time-travel paradoxes) but I remember in "String Theory" I think, they kinda messed up the time-travel theory (either that or they're using the alternate universes method of it). See, he went back in time to tell himself to help stop the world from getting how it was, but if he did that and it worked then he would never have done it in the first place <insert grandfather paradox here>. So (a) Kensai has to save the village at some point, because Hiro knew about the village being saved when he was a kid. I can still see him stealing the English bloke's armour and sword and all and going off himself to save the smith's daughter and the village and all sorts of adventures.

As a subtext, I reckon someone who looks Japanese should dress up as Hiro and go to Pretend To Be A Time Traveler Day. It could be very funny.

I gotta say I laughed like hell when it turned out Kensai was some posh-talking English bloke.
I didn't find that funny itself... but the actor playing Hiro really sold it as pure hilarity by reaching for his glasses. :D

Hmm...why do I have a funny feeling that Hiro might "take Kensei's place", actually becoming the legendary hero instead? just a guess [too bad for us who just watched 1st ep of second season]

so lemme get this straight: the necklace around Peter's neck suggests that the Haitian wiped his memory clean...?

Let's just say that one of your speculations is wrong, and one is unclear by episode 6. :)

But I'm not going to tell you which is which. :D

Back