What would have been your ideal epilogue to book 7?

Are you happy with the epilogue of book 7?

• Very happy. It's a good conclusion.

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Moderately happy. I'd gladly change something.

Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Not happy at all. I would have liked something very different.

Votes: 10 30.3%

• Total voters
It's in the Wheel of Time, by late Robert Jordan.
The protagonist, called "the Dragon Reborn", carries a madman from other times in his head. This Lewis Terrin is always trying to take over. Will Rand, the Dragon Reborn, become as mad as Lewin in the end?

My cousin has been trying to get me to read the Wheel of Time books.

Well must be off soon. Have a good day Giovanna.

i can't spell but i can help with ideas

youre right though

it's a lot of work

:DI didnt like the ending to book 7 it was a bit too cliche and cheesy. I would like to know what happened to the other characters!

It seemed like it was thrown in as an after thought, a good after thought but and after thought all the same,

I cant spell properly either:(:p

I found the epilogue a bit treacle and tart really, too sweet and gooey.

Ron and Hermoine surviving a couple of decades of marraige? PUH-LeeeZE! I could believe Hermoine might have an unusually tall plaster of paris gnome in her garden or something, but sticking with him? And what about her huge talent? All under control as Ron expects her to be the stay at home housewife, wand out for dinner and dusting only no doubt.

No no, far more realistic would have been Hermoine as deputy minister for magic by then with Ron sniveling on about how she put career before him.

And Ginny's noted temper and handy destructive powers? Harry survived that?

I would have put the epilogue in the Leaky Cauldron with a slightly embarressed chance meeting between Harry and Ron, Ron is waiting for Lavender Weasley to finish her shopping and Harry is attending the book signing of his biography by Rita Skeeter, "Harry Potter, the untold story."

"Hermoine and Cho, who would have thought it?" Harry tsks. "Poor old Viktor, his career never recovered, turned to drink and Doxy Eggs. I knew Cho was dodgey, why else would she dump me, but Hermoine? Well well, someone must have really changed her attitiude to men!"

"Well Ginny is the best Captain the Colchester Coven have ever had," Ron retorts. "She says her stay in Azkabahn for hexing you during your testimonial match was an inspiration and a wake up call."

I hate happy endings.

I found the epilogue a bit treacle and tart really, too sweet and gooey.

Ron and Hermoine surviving a couple of decades of marraige? PUH-LeeeZE! I could believe Hermoine might have an unusually tall plaster of paris gnome in her garden or something, but sticking with him? And what about her huge talent? All under control as Ron expects her to be the stay at home housewife, wand out for dinner and dusting only no doubt.

No no, far more realistic would have been Hermoine as deputy minister for magic by then with Ron sniveling on about how she put career before him.

And Ginny's noted temper and handy destructive powers? Harry survived that?
I'm with Zanussi on this one. The whole thing (&, actually, much of book 7, as far as I can tell) is entirely too facile. Everybody has issues by the time the major storyline is done; that they all live 'happily ever after' is absurd. And for someone who has been advertised as an intelligent woman, spending that much time with Ron should have driven Hermione completely nutters. If she didn't kill him and hide the body (successfully) first.

But then, I didn't really expect any better from JKR anyway.

I have to respect JKR for her decision to end her series as she saw fit. I have to say that I don't think everyone "just lived happily ever after". I know it really comes off that way but in the epilogue we're only seeing a moment in time in their lives. It's not even a particularly long period of time. There were still nineteen years before that that we are completely oblivious to, and obviously a lot of time after the epilogue. No one can deny that JKR really has her story well thought out considering how intricately everything is laid out (and the whole notebook on dementors certainly blew me away), so I'm sure if any one of us got to ask her about their lives she would most definitely say they weren't perfect. Hermione would obviously be driven insane by Ron, and Harry and Ginny would obviously have their fights too. Just because we don't see it doesn't mean it wasn't there. I think that by having the epilogue nineteen years later, the reader is given the opportunity to see another of those rare moments where Harry is just having a normal life in some sense, because normal aspects of his life get glossed over so often, such as he and Ginny spending time together that whole month in HBP.

On the other hand, however, the one thing I would've liked to seen done differently would be Harry's career. After he realized that he got his idea of an Auror career from the fake Mad Eye in HBP, I thought that perhaps he wouldn't go that route. It just felt like a bit much for him to go on afterwards and still fight dark wizards. I understand his noble streak and such, but I really thought he could have potentially taken a different path to have a bit more of that 'normal life' that I mentioned before.

I always thought a good ending would be in a normal persons view going on about some odd charecters having a party nextdoor...
Some thing like a Dursleyish family, and the Father going on about a freak that moved in nextdoor with a great big scar on his head, and a platoon of children that run around setting off fireworks (magic ;) ).
And have them hear a few voices throu the wall, and a few mentions of charecters
Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Nevvile, Malfoy, Seamus, Geaorge, Percy, and other people..
Im thinking of starting it, if other people like the idea?

Back