the Dragon Chronicles- by: Dugald A. Steer
TTYL: Lauren Myracle
The eye of the warlock- P. W. Catanese
The Fire Within- Chris D' Lacey
Magyk- by:Angie Sage
The Lightning Theif and the 2nd book- Rick Riordan
and, The Named by Marianne Curley
also the dark and i want the key

Methinks I'll read Haunted by Chuck Palahniuk now. Well, I don't think, I know, seeing as I started reading it two minutes ago :D

I just read it and liked it very much. Hope you enjoy it!:)
Thanks, Allegra - I've seen it mentioned with approval from various people and at several places, so I thought I'd try it - I think it's the first book I've bought on recommendation only!

Have finished Bradbury's Dark Carnival. Again, I'm amazed at how assured his work seems, even with this first collection. There are some classic stories here, such as "The Jar", "The Next in Line", "Homecoming", "Uncle Einar", "The Man Upstairs", "The Ravine"... and even the lesser tales still retain a great deal of both charm and power. I very much enjoyed revisiting this one....

Next up: Thomas De Quincey's "Gothic" novel, Klosterheim.....

I found A Game of Thrones semi boring due to not much happening except people dying once in a while. Boring cause i didnt care for the characters.

Also i didnt like GRRM's lack of skill in doing fight scenes. Which is a big minus in a fantasty. It might get good or it might not but i will read other books right now and come back to the book alittle later.

Now its time to read my fav cop aka Harry Bosch in The Closers by Michael Connelly.

After that its Conan time :)

I'm reading Saint Thomas's Eve by Jean Plaidy, and will most probably read; The Time Travelers Wife by Audrey Niffenegger, next.

I'm getting in the mood for fantasy again, and in turn I'll prob be posting here a bit more often. Just finished Miéville's The Scar - my thoughts are in the thread in the Miéville forum. Reaper's Gale is coming up!

I'm rereading -- after about forty years, I think -- Mary Renault's The King Must Die. It's just as good as I remembered it. Next up The Bull from the Sea, since they're conveniently bound as one volume.

Great book, Sathai. Hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

I'm about 100 pages in, so far I'm enjoying it. Quite different than your usual fantasy story.

I'm rereading -- after about forty years, I think -- Mary Renault's The King Must Die. It's just as good as I remembered it. Next up The Bull from the Sea, since they're conveniently bound as one volume.

I loved those books. :)

I'm about 100 pages in, so far I'm enjoying it. Quite different than your usual fantasy story.

I loved those books. :)

So did I. I'm a big fan of Mary Renault.

Now reading Sherwood Smith's Inda and am really glad the next book in this trilogy will be out in August. Hope we don't have to wait another year for the final one. A very good read.

I'm about halfway through Dennett's Breaking The Spell, and have also bravely embarked on Joyce Carol Oates' The Mysteries Of Winterthurn, which seems to be placed somewhere on the intersection of a Gothic shiverer, a mystery story and a bit of social comment/invective.

well feel free to ridicule me. I'm going through Unto Leviathan/Ship Of Fools again, read it a couple of months back(sort of)(skimmed) but i was too hasty and missed some key points..so here i go again.

I dont have the best of memories so i dont mind.

Did you read all three?
The trilogy gets better, the further into you get, I feel. The best book by far, is Lord of Shadows.
The only other Fallon I've read is Demon Child, so I can't really compare between series, but I did get Treason Keep from the library last Friday, and I'll read it as soon as I've finished The Second Sons Trilogy.

Yes Lenny, I have read both trilogies. I'm now over half way through her first book in this new series. So far the storyline has seemed very slow and I am hoping that it will pick up before the end. It might seem that way because I have just been reading some 'epic fantasy' where it is basically action from the first pages.:)

...also bravely embarked on Joyce Carol Oates' The Mysteries Of Winterthurn, which seems to be placed somewhere on the intersection of a Gothic shiverer, a mystery story and a bit of social comment/invective.
"I saw a ghost upon yonder moor"
"T's a bloody mystery. I wonder who he could be."
"That's so like the chauvunist you are. All the interesting people have to be MEN, don't they?"

:D

Have finished Klosterheim... Much more straightforward stylistically than is usual with De Quincey; it is indeed very much a Gothic of the true type, though less convoluted than many, and also much more original in incident than many. (Quite a few of the lesser Gothics tended to repeat not only incidents but sometimes almost parallel passages, for instance.) Not exactly for everyone, but enjoyable for those who like early nineteenth-century literature.

My next, I think, will be Fantasmagoriana: Tales of the Dead -- the little book that prompted the "ghost story" contest at the Villa Deodati in 1816.....

Today I bought and read in one sitting....

Metamorphoses - Franz Kafka. A book dealing with society's treatment of indivduals who do not fit the norm and the utter loneliness it can generate that in turn can cause the sufferer to aspire to unrealistic hopes. Really more a novella, I found myself captivated by this story which kept my interest up throughout as it employed fairly basic prose reminsicent of Hemmingway's Old Man & The Sea. Highly recommended.

Next up is Ray Brabury's From The Dust Returned (thanks Nesa! ) followed by Matheson's I Am Legend. I've put reading Temeraire on hold for the moment, as I found it just didn't grab me as much as the first book although I will still end up completing it in the not too distant future....

The Fate of the Fallen - Ian Irvine, quite gory and disturbing. Which is good, because I don't want too much predictable or nice fantasy. Sometimes I need to remind myself that the world isn't my playground, it's a minefield.