master malrubius and triskele

Wok the One Eyed

forgives everyone
hi.

<<<spoilers>>>

master malrubius and triskele.

the cacogen/heirodules chose these forms to appeal to severian, and engage with him.

personally i'd be terrified of an old dead teacher turning up and messing with my mojo like that. i get the old dog though, i have one in particular that if he turned up again i wouldn't ask any questions, i'd be crying with delight and all over him like a cheap suit; even although he has been dead for 15 years and i saw him go. but a dead person from my past? i'd run a mile.

focus: what animal and what person would the heirodules use to ingrate themselves with you?

i'd dearly love to see my old dog ben (newfoundland cross) again, but for me not to blub and respond positively it would have to be clyde (the orang utan) and philo beddoe (clint eastwood).

Well, by that point in the story, Severian had experienced a lot of crazy things in a short period of time, not the least of which was having the memories of his dead girlfriend knocking around in his head, even taking over his body at times. So, I imagine that seeing the apparitions of two dear old friends at this point would have been comforting to him.

But to answer your question, I would love to spend some time with some old pets as well. Although not at the same time; I don't think they'd have gotten along.

I'm lucky enough to say that I haven't lost anyone close to me, except my grandfathers. I don't think they'd fill the role of teacher for me the way Malrubius did for Severian.

please accept my apologies; how innocent i was last year and how horribly flip. life can be so very beautiful and then suddenly so very cruel.

*sighs*

i am re reading these books again and its like sinking into the arms of the brides of abaia. i never want to finish reading them.

severian has just been banished to thrax and has reached the bridge, and is being questioned in a casern, guarded by lansquenets. he has just demonstrated he is in fact a member of the seekers for truth and penitence.