(Found) Forgotten Title

Snarf

What I do remember is that the cover had a monk sitting crosslegged on it, in between two banner things. And I think he was floating and his eyes were closed. Any ideas? It was about like monks and stuff like that.

What I do remember is that the cover had a monk sitting crosslegged on it, in between two banner things. And I think he was floating and his eyes were closed. Any ideas? It was about like monks and stuff like that.
I've seen that cover somewhere. I'm thinking it could be Katherine Kurtz, David Eddings or Deborah Kerr. Try checking some of their stuff out and see if I'm remembering funny or not.

Hmmm. Perhaps A Canticle for Leibowitz, by Walter M. Miller, Jr.I know one of the more recent covers was similar to what you describe.

I'll vote for Canticle for Leibowitz which JD Worthington suggested..

I'm thinking The Initate Brother by Sean Russell. Going to try a link here.

Okay, link worked for a change.
I second this and raise you two links to a book cover.
After searching for -- and finding -- a long-lost monk story, I seem to have acquired a monk-searching "habit".
All those interesting questions and answers just from searching "Monks".

ISFDB's listing for "The Initiate Brother by Sean Russell and The Goodreads link you had some trouble with.
Several links in case one craps out.
And the rather enchanting cover link from ISFDB.
THNTTBRTHR181991.jpg

I second this and raise you two links to a book cover.
After searching for -- and finding -- a long-lost monk story, I seem to have acquired a monk-searching "habit".
All those interesting questions and answers just from searching "Monks".

ISFDB's listing for "The Initiate Brother by Sean Russell and The Goodreads link you had some trouble with.
Several links in case one craps out.
And the rather enchanting cover link from ISFDB.
View attachment 102565

OP said 2/jun/07 that this is it. Good to see a pic, though. Excellent links, Raven. :)