(Probably Found) forgotten book

Gain44

I am looking for the title of a SF book I read. It is about deep sea divers who come across a perfect civilization which has been there a million years. while there they murder someone and their punishment i s to return to earth but 200 years before the present

This sounds like Robin Cook’s Abduction (2000)

From a review: “What happens when a small group of deep-sea adventurers find an underwater volcano that is more than it appears? These people are swept away (literally) into a strange experience. After going through humiliation by a surreal "cleansing" process thousands of feet underground they find out that deep underneath the sea there is a never-before-seen species of people.

These people seem to live in perfect peace and harmony (where war or violence are things they do not know of) and they feel that they have found a heaven on earth. But there is a twist when a critical decision is made that not all of the sea crew agree on... and that just may change them forever.”

I doubt the original poster is coming back. In these cases we are going to have to decide if we mark them (Found) or not, and how long we wait before doing so.

Since the op’s name also appears to be their email, someone could check with them, assuming that is compatible with Chrons ethics.

Actually, we shouldn't have allowed that. It just got missed somehow nine years ago. Putting your email online like that is a recipe for getting spammed, and if they did that elsewhere too, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they no longer used it for that reason. However, they should get an email automatically from Chrons telling them that there are replies to this thread. So, let's wait and see and I'll speak with Brian about the username.

In cases like these we often put "Probably Found" when an answer looks overwhelmingly right but the OP hasn't confirmed it, which is a good middle path while waiting for the OP to return, so I'll do that.

Back