What comic books/graphic novels are you reading at the moment?

"The Orville 1.5" , this two graphic stories based if the TV show, not bad at all!

Last edited:
Just started a fourth (I think) reading of The Invisibles by Grant Morrison. Already spotted a couple of significant things I didn't before. I doubt any comic series repays rereads more than this (with the possible exception of Monstress).

Just started a fourth (I think) reading of The Invisibles by Grant Morrison. Already spotted a couple of significant things I didn't before. I doubt any comic series repays rereads more than this (with the possible exception of Monstress).

Ooh tell me.

Ooh tell me.

I would, except you'll laugh at me for being so fantastically unobservant the first three times.

Oh, what the hell. The first was the "Mr Lennon?" and the "car backfiring", the second was the squashing of the insect as they leave Harmony House. (And OK, those might be stretching the meaning of "significant".)

I would, except you'll laugh at me for being so fantastically unobservant the first three times.

Oh, what the hell. The first was the "Mr Lennon?" and the "car backfiring", the second was the squashing of the insect as they leave Harmony House. (And OK, those might be stretching the meaning of "significant".)

The first I might laugh at, the second I'd clean missed.

It's not really a comic as such, but I bought a book called The Art of Edena by the French artist Moebius and it's very good.

Just read vol 2 of Isola, by Fletcher and Kerschl. Beautiful artwork is the highlight here. The story is good but could be a bit faster paced.

I recently read the Aldebaran series by Leo, and am now in the middle of the second cycle, Betelgeuse. I've recently been looking around for some SF-based comic series, and came across a few recommendations for these. Enjoying them so far.

This thread has forty-eight pages. I didn't look through them all, so forgive me if this has been mentioned before.

Zap Comix from the late sixties and seventies. Obscene and vulgar, even by today's standards. They are, however, online for free. Not sure if I'm allowed to post a link here.

Didn't say I particularly like Zap Comix. But they're what I'm currently reading.

I read THE THING FROM ANOTHER WORLD, a Dark Horse comic series which I missed when it came out--I saw the previews but by this time comics were starting to bore me, and I had some Terminator and Alien Vs Predator comics so I didn't think much about it.
BUT I think this series is the best of the bunch--continuing off where the movie ends. They did some imaginative ideas with the alien, and some of the "thing outs" would be memorable movie sequences.
I liked it much more than the 2011 movie.

I read THE THING FROM ANOTHER WORLD, a Dark Horse comic series which I missed when it came out--I saw the previews but by this time comics were starting to bore me, and I had some Terminator and Alien Vs Predator comics so I didn't think much about it.
BUT I think this series is the best of the bunch--continuing off where the movie ends. They did some imaginative ideas with the alien, and some of the "thing outs" would be memorable movie sequences.
I liked it much more than the 2011 movie.
There was a 2011 remake? Wow! Where was I? I had no idea or else had completely forgotten.

I love comic books, but due to poor eye sight I can no longer read them. I have a Kindle for PC, however it is weak when it comes to magnifying comic books. Is there an e-book reader that will solve my problem?

For the record, my favorite comics were 'The Legion of Super-Heroes', Superman (when Curt Swan was doing the pencils), 'The Justice League of America (with the redheaded Green Lantern (Guy?)), 'Mister Miracle', 'Green Lantern', 'The Silver Surfer vol 3', 'Dare Devil', 'Thor', 'Micronaughts', 'Howard the Duck', and 'Iron Man', and the ego maniac 'Supreme'.

There was a 2011 remake? Wow! Where was I? I had no idea or else had completely forgotten.
Technically called a prequel but it feels more like a remake IMO.
So many movies in the last ten years seem to just come and go so fast. Same with tv show remakes.
A sequel would have been smarter than a prequel.
I don't know why they wanted to do the Norwegian camp--it's completely unnecessary. Then again now I hear they are doing a Robocop prequel series focusing on Dick Jones...
Dick Jones! He's the number 2 guy at OCP!

A friend who is very into D&D lent me the first two Critical Role* comic books. They're good, although it took a bit of getting used to. If aliens arrived and said "What did geeks like?" I would give them this: the characterisation, setting, and above all humour are exactly that kind of thing. Not the highest art, but fun.

*I'm surprised that this doesn't get mentioned more often here.

Currently reading The Judge Dredd Complete Case Files Vol2 The Cursed Earth journey. Sadly without the burger wars story but it brings back memories of the 70s for me.

Devoured Monstress vol 5. It's good, but compared to the previous 4 it's a bit one-note and lacking in wonder and mystery to go with the bloodshed. Its relative lack of complexity can be shown by the fact that I didn't have to re-read all the previous ones to tell what was going on.

Back