Pulp Fiction - Turkey City Lexicon Style

bowerbird

One of the first things I found on this site was a link to the Turkey City Lexicon and while reading it I had a brainwave. Why not deliberately set out to write a story using one or more of the elements in the lexicon?

This could turn into a fun game as well as a good learning tool. If your writing has a flaw that someone points out, you can always claim that you meant to do it that way and so get feedback in a way that is far less threatening than submitting a piece to the Critiques Forum.

So, here is my submission I have included at least four of TCL's classic clangers but will leave it up to everyone else to decide WHICH ones I have used :eek::D:D
"How will we get untied" she asked "There is nothing in this room!"

"Yes." he replied" We are in a white room on a white table with white restraints. I might even go so far as to say we find ourselves in a white pickle."

"Can you reach your sonic wrench? That marvellous tool which has the ability to open doors and bypass security systems and knock out guards and reprogram spaceship autopilots and reset timers on bombs and deactivate 9 out of 10 common restraints used by the evil Smurphs who have incarcerated us!" she exclaimed

"Ah! But the Smurphs have shown anything but common restraint in their treatment of us so I do not believe that my sonic wrench would work even if I were to be able to reach it." he postulated

"What if the evil Smurphs return? After all they have four arms each, three eyes and an enormous brain, which they use to evilly rule 12 planets and have had space flight capability for many generations, and have always rewarded scientific thinking among their subjugated races leading them to invent all manner of traps and devices." She espoused breathlessly, tired by the effort to proclaim such a convoluted and grammatically incorrect sentence.