Aztec by Gary Jennings

BattleMage

[SIZE=-1]Aztec

one of the most twisted and absorbing books Ive ever read. Incredibly long and I do not believe I have ever read another book that has shocked me more or more often. This book, more than a year after reading it has stayed more clearly in my recollection than just about anything else I have ever read. It will make you gasp, cringe, and cry as well as many other emotions you had never been known to feel. It brought me to the cusp of throwing the book down in disgust several times, and yet compelled me to continue reading non-stop for several days straight until I had finished. I cant recommend this book to anyone to read since Im not sure anyone would like it, but if anyone else has read it I was wondering what you thought of it.

[/SIZE]

The last days and fall of the Aztec empire, as seen by a peasant boy come explorer/trader/soldier/nobleman/interpreter. While it is an excellent book, it is full to the brim with acts of incest, pedophilia, torture, racism, savagery, and general viciousness- so some of the pages you may want to skip. (although when I was a teenager I has the pages involving Something Precious memorized)

I read it when I was young (decades ago), and it freaked me out. I stayed in bed the next day, imagining that Aztec priests were tearing my beating heart out of my chest.

LOL, I might have to pick that one up! Not that I'm twisted or anything.... Ok fine, I'm twisted.