Spoof Science Fiction Titles

Dave

Non Bio
Staff member
Science Fiction rewrites of other books.

A collection of books written for people, robots, and creatures that exist only in the world of science fiction! If you think that's confusing enough, wait until you see all the weird and thoroughly nerdy references you probably won't get!

I found some of these really funny:

http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=438

I saw the title and thought it was about books like Venus on the Half Shell by Kilgore Trout.

I have a copy somewhere. Can’t remember who actually write the thing.

It was Kilgore Trout ( actually Philip Jose Farmer In this case I think) , the chronically unsuccessful sf writer who is a recurring character in Kurt Vonnegut’s novels.

It was Kilgore Trout ( actually Philip Jose Farmer In this case I think) , the chronically unsuccessful sf writer who is a recurring character in Kurt Vonnegut’s novels.

Almost picked up a copy of it. I this I had.

I saw the title and thought it was about books like Venus on the Half Shell by Kilgore Trout.

I have a copy somewhere. Can’t remember who actually write the thing.

It's long out print along with many of Famers Books. . I would imagine that that book with tea cover must be collectable by now. :unsure:

This is the edition I have though not my copy. Can’t remember if I knew it was P.J. Farmer or not. Glad I got one before they all vanished.
4A862862-1F47-4AB5-8537-310D6DF9176A.jpeg

Has everyone forgotten Board of the Rings by Harvard Lampoon? :D

And I think there is a Game of Thrones Parody called Game of Groans by George R R Washington .

Science Fiction rewrites of other books.

A collection of books written for people, robots, and creatures that exist only in the world of science fiction! If you think that's confusing enough, wait until you see all the weird and thoroughly nerdy references you probably won't get!

I found some of these really funny:

http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=438

Dave, this Is a very good topic . :cool:(y)

It can't be that good. No one has looked at it for the last 15 years since I posted it.

It is a good Topic. :)

A crowd of people in a room can miss something that's important or that they might otherwise find interesting because none of them happened to be paying attention at the time, that can happen in the real world. The same holds true on a website with topics. Sometimes , all it take is someone to notice and call attention.

Last edited:
What about Harry Harrison's t Bill the Galactic Hero ? This one is a bit of spoof of Heinlein Starship Troopers. :D

In the nineties I read a few Star Wreck books. They were not good.

Revenge of the Fluffy Bunnies by Craig Gardner Shaw .:D