What a great Season2 opener (Bigtime Spoilers.......be warned!)

tuco

SPOILERS
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Wow, that was good. I don't know where to start. I guess that I will start with my open questions.

1) Who was runnung Thunder Mountain while Marcus gone?

2) Did Theo make it?

3) Will they get another truck?

4) Will Mr. Smith be a regular part of the Jeremiah\Kurdy team?

5) Can Lee Chan ever be trusted again?

6) How will Marcus react to Megan's choice?

7) Where is VS (on the map)?

8) Who was taking care of Megan while Marcus was gone? (not Erin!)

I know the reunion between Jeremiah and his father will be short, but that was expected. It was a little odd that Jeremiah, Marcus and Erin all had cells close together. Im sure that I have a hundred more questions, but these are the only ones that I can think of right now.

2.1: Letters From The Other Side Part I

Teleplay By: J. Michael Straczynski
Directed By: Russell Mulcahy

Jeremiah (LUKE PERRY), Markus (PETER STEBBINGS) and Erin (INGRID KAVELAARS) are held as prisoners at Valhalla Sector, where Jeremiah's father, Devon (ROBERT WISDEN), tells his son that his presence has given those in charge a dangerous advantage in their effort to take control of the country. Military dictators of Valhalla Sector use Jeremiah to try to force Devon to reveal the secret of the Black Death. Kurdy (MALCOLM-JAMAL WARNER), dodging pursuers, encounters the enigmatic Mister Smith (SEAN ASTIN) who says God is sending him messages. One message is for Kurdy to stop trying to find his friend; he will find him if he gives himself over to those who are chasing him. Eventually, Kurdy is captured - by Lee Chen (BYRON LAWSON), who takes him back to Thunder Mountain.

Jeremiah meets Devon's lab assistant, Liberty 'Libby' Kaufman (JOANNE KELLY) who tends to him after the Valhalla Sector leaders torture him in an attempt to break Devon's resolve.

At Thunder Mountain, Lee introduces Kurdy to Meaghan (SUZY JOACHIM) and outlines a desperate plan to get Jeremiah, Markus and Erin released in exchange for Meaghan. The unsuspecting leaders of Valhalla Sector agree to the swap.

Source:
Sho.com

Definitely it was a great first Season episode. I'm already wanting to see the second part although a bit reluctant for the implications to Markus. :(

It was good to finally see that what I think of Lee Chen was true, he was playing both groups. And he was working for Jeremiah's father mostly. Although we can never know with one that plays double, because you never now when his going to double cross you again. After all his probably go with the most convenient at the time. But that answer why I always thought that in his own ways he was always trying to protect Markus and the Thunder Mountain group. Very deep inside of course. Anyway he's still a dilemma.

Totally love the reunion between Jeremiah and his dad, it was good to see some closure there after all this time with the thing about his brother death etc. Very touching.

Also it was awesome the thing with Meaghan. I really like the way she confront Lee at some point. :D

The thing about the President of the United States was really interesting, I specially enjoy when Jeremiah asked President of who? That part was really hilarious.

One of the thing is that we know Ezequiel is gone because Mr. Smith character mostly become what he was iin Season 1 when he was giving messages to Jeremiah but in this Season 2 are messages to Kurdy.

All in all the episode was just incredible, I totally love it.

Great to see someone enjoying it like I do Tuco. Welcome! As for your questions:

1) Who was runnung Thunder Mountain while Marcus gone?

We haven't see that yet, but I imagine since both Markus and Erin were taking prisoners probably the council will be running Thunder Mountain. After all Markus make them for the purpose to take decisions so he wounldn't have to be the only one taking it. So the logic choice will be them.

2) Did Theo make it?

That's an interesting one. And I hope that the answer is yes. Interesting bit when they are interrogating Markus that the VS guy ask him for the names of his collaborators outside and the ones that could escape. This little tidbit means that there were some people that escape from the St. Louis situation and I really think is someone could escape from there Theo is a number one suspect. I know we will know as the Season progress. :lol:

3) Will they get another truck?

Well, Thunder Mountain have more trucks I suppose they don't use them all to the St. Louis conference since there were people that stay in Thunder Mountain.

4) Will Mr. Smith be a regular part of the Jeremiah\Kurdy team?

The answer to that is yes, he's now a regular character in Jeremiah and also Libby, Devon's assistant.

5) Can Lee Chan ever be trusted again?

I suppose they won't trusted him totally probably they will always have certain precautions with him. You never know when he could turn the other side again.

6) How will Marcus react to Megan's choice?

We don't know what is completely Megan's choice. We see in the next episode. I suppose is the choice is to affect only Valhalla Sector probably Markus would not mind but is the choice include that the rest could be affected by that choice I think Markus reaction will be obvious. He always believes in the well been of the population over an individual. So I think his choice will be the same of Jeremiah during the episode, sacrifice himself so the rest of millions of lives couldn't be affected.

7) Where is VS (on the map)?

Good question, I don't know but I know we have some kind of whereabouts about it in the Season 1 but right now I don't remember. Specially since the episode where they were closing the nuclear things in the bases and Markus and Thunder Mountain could see it in the map. That give them a clue of where they could posibbly be. But I don't remeber.

8) Who was taking care of Megan while Marcus was gone? (not Erin!)

Obviously nobody was taking care of Meaghan. But I think probably is only have been a day or two since the St. Louis thing so she really wasn't unattended too long because Lee Chen and Kurdy look for her. For the time frame we know that it hasn't pass that much time.

Yeah, I also find interesting that they get cells next to each other. But I suppose that probably is not so strange maybe they only have that prison in there. The strange thing is were they put all of the other people they captured. In Season 1 we see a lot of people and we only see the three of them. Of course that could be were their place the important prisoners and have other section for the rest. :eek:

I'm really looking forward to the second part. Although I hope is not the last one of Markus because I definitely will cry and cry. :crying: Although this is JMS so anything could happen, maybe they show like they kill him and later he appear like Ezequiel. I hope.

Krystal ;)

Wow are my name spellings that off? (Marcus = Markus and Megan = Meaghan) Im glad to hear that JMS wrote 12 of 15 season2 epps. After RisingStars and MidnightNation (both comics) JMS became my favorite writer (B5 helped also). Im just gald to see S2. After what happened to Odyssey 5, I was very happy to see Jeremiah come back. How about the Jeremiah S2 love chain?

Markus & Meaghan (I think that the whole virus thing would mess that up)

Markus & Erin (no dice, for now he still loves Meaghan)

Erin & Kurdy (Kurdy is still 2 sad from his loss)

Jeremiah & Libby (the Intro gave it away)

Theo & Lee (Im mean)

Lee & The VS Shock-Floor Room (that would be nice to see)

I guess that Im still a little anti-Lee for now.

Originally posted by tuco
How about the Jeremiah S2 love chain?

Markus & Meaghan (I think that the whole virus thing would mess that up)

Markus & Erin (no dice, for now he still loves Meaghan)

Erin & Kurdy (Kurdy is still 2 sad from his loss)

Jeremiah & Libby (the Intro gave it away)

Theo & Lee (Im mean)

Lee & The VS Shock-Floor Room (that would be nice to see)

I guess that Im still a little anti-Lee for now.

Don't worry about the spelling, that is the way they put it in the Showtime site and in the close captioned. But I have see other people put it the way you do. :D

Interesting thing about the Jeremiah S2 Love Chain.

I was really looking forward to Erin and Markus. They really are good together. But definitely Meaghan place a very difficult part in all this. And I have to admit that I really enjoy Meaghan and Markus relationship, although it would be almost imposible since she can't touch him because he's already of an age that she will infected him and kill him. But I suppose while Meaghan is alive, Markus will have only eyes for her no matter they can't touch. And since Devon's know everything about the virus he probably can come with a cure for Meaghan. ;)

Jeremiah & Libby, was spoil before the Season 2 begin.

Kurdy & Erin, I don't see this happening.
Maybe we will see an introduction of another character that could take the place of Elizabeth. We'll have to wait and see.

Theo & Lee :eek:

Lee & The VS Shock-Floor Room :evil:
I think he deserves some kind of punishment so I'm with you in that one. Don't kill him but make him suffer for a while. And let Markus be the one to do it. :lol:

I'm more relax because after see the scenes from next episode I can't resist and have to look is Markus was in other episodes. So now I know that he's in others. So I'm happy again. :rolly2:

Krystal :p

Back