gatecon 2004

Originally posted by philoSCIFI
:rolly2: Aw bummer. :lol: Thanks again Allan.

Anyone else getting a tad bit giddy? :blush:

giddy???naw....OVERLY EXCITED???
YES!!!!!
Gotta get Con!!
Harry

Hi all,

I'm new here and I hate to do this because this is my first post, but I have some constructive criticism for the people who run Gatecon.

First, I think the website (gatecon.com) is sort of designed with previous attendees in mind, with no consideration for people who have never been to one before.

I just recently got into the show...which doesn't really make me any "less of a fan" even if it means I'm a more recent fan.

The site lists out that the SuperPass gets you admission to all talks, sessions, etc., but doesn't give any info on what actually goes on in each of the events, how many there are per day, what the schedule is, etc.

I was looking for this information to try to decide whether or not to attend.

I even sent an e-mail to all four of the Gatecon folks...but nobody wrote back to me. This was my first disappointment, since I figured that ONE of the four would at least give me the courtesy of a reply.

So, not wanting to be a pest, I just waited to hear back, but the next time I checked the website, I saw that the SuperPass tickets are sold out.

And unless I'm reading the site wrong, only SuperPass holders are guaranteed...anything (even though I'm still not sure what's included).

I suppose none of this matters since the Gatecon site implies that this will likely be the last show, but I have to say it's disappointing not to have had access to information that would have prompted purchase of tickets, to get no response from the event coordinators, and now to not have a chance to go at all.

It would have been a good idea to list on the site how many tickets were available originally and how many were left in order to light a fire under those of us waiting for information.

Again, sorry to make my first post kind of negative, and I really hope this is being read as constructive and not a flame. I'm just disappointed that I'm not going to get to take part in something that seems like it would be both interesting and fun.

Lou

I guess you've been unlucky!

I guess you've just been unlucky because I was like you at first and I asked a lot of questions to Rowan and the others to know how the gatecon was working and what was exactly include etc...I got answers shortly after my questions and I quickly made the right decision to buy a superpass ticket. Keep in minf that they get a lot of e-mails. The easiest thing is to go on the forum and ask questions that will be quickly answers and there is already old forums that answered most of my questions.

sorry to hear about ur prob sglouie, if u had asked some questions here we would have helped out as best we could, i know they awnsered all my question when i went for the first time last year.:rolly2:

Originally posted by timdgreat
sorry to hear about ur prob sglouie, if u had asked some questions here we would have helped out as best we could, i know they awnsered all my question when i went for the first time last year.:rolly2:

The problem with that is that their site doesn't say "Have any questions? Get them answered on the ASciFi forums at [blah blah blah]."

On the About Us page are the names & e-mail addresses of the four people who run the show, so that's how I contacted them.

im actually quite suprised then, thoose 4 people are very helpful and usually awnser emails when they get them, some of them do post on here they may see ur post and get and awnser to why they didnt respond:rolly2:

im actually quite suprised then, thoose 4 people are very helpful and usually awnser emails when they get them, some of them do post on here they may see ur post and get and awnser to why they didnt respond:rolly2:

Yeah, to be honest I'm kinda surprised none of them has responded thus far too, considering at least Allan is obviously active here on a daily basis and Rich posts a lot, too. Oh well.

well if nothing else do u have any questions about gatecon that u still want awnsered?:rolly2:

well if nothing else do u have any questions about gatecon that u still want awnsered?:rolly2:

Heh heh thanks but I guess it doesn't really matter anymore since the "good tickets" are sold out. But I do appreciate your time and offer to help :rolly2:

100 days 100 days...w00t w00t w00t
:rolly2: :rolly2: :rolly2:

100 Days til Gatecon 2004

On the 100th day til Gatecon my gate-friend gave to me...
a paid ticket for Gatecon to see...

Let the countdown begin... I shall return... :blush:

INPUT!!!! Need InpUt!!!!
Sure hope we get to see Chris and Tony!!!
96.5 days to go!!!!

Originally posted by StarGazer03
INPUT!!!! Need InpUt!!!!
Sure hope we get to see Chris and Tony!!!
96.5 days to go!!!!
Yes, th countdown has definately begun. :)
And someone, anyone, if anone has new information on Chris and Tony, please please post. I know real life situations weill probably get more and more hectic the closer and closer we get to the actual dates, but please... put mine and stargazer03 minds and posts to rest... :p :) :rolly2:

Tix question: How long before or close to th actual con date can tickets be traded and officially... looking for that word...we'll use...established?

Autograph session

Rowan, I sure am tempted to bring a Zat for autographing....is that ok?
thanks
Harry

well for everyone out there who didnt hear there is some good news and some bad news about gatecon

the bad news, we arent going to be able to go on the Studio tour or show the first STargate ATlantis episode, :(

However Instead of that we are going to get Christopher Judge for a day, and 6 people who win an auction are going to get to have lunch with him at the Hotel restraunt,

so its not all bad:D:rolly2:

35 Days to Go! w00t! w000t! w0000000t!

Question:
500 Superpasses... couple hundred tripasses...a few day passes here and there...

I know there's only 1 tripass left as of today according to the official gatecon site... And only Sun. Daypasses are left...

Soooooo, how many people will be at Gatecon?

EDIT:Only 1 tripass left as of YESTERDAY!